Big thumbs up, Century 1/7-1/12 2008

Leela

Actually Sea - I go on Gardenweb quite often for info on plants etc., but am a member at Daves Garden, which I love.

The funky backsplash area is in my Bar. I would love it in my kitchen though! Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks also for the info Whereto. I forgot all about the long days and Yes, that Helicopter tour sounds fantastic!

Ahhh...didn't think about the bar area. We did away with the bar in our new house. Never really used it enough in the old house. In fact, we eliminated an entire floor this time! We put in a Butlers Pantry, right off the kitchen, with lot's of storage. Our builder suggested we put a bar sink on the counter base, but I decided it would just take up valuable counter space, where we had the kitchen sink just around the corner. It's worked out great!

(in no particular order....)

It was awfully white...I did like the color-changing chandeliers, though.
Obviously, YOU look better under the yellow/green lights than I do! I look either jaundiced or seasick!:D
I live in the City, and have for 14 years now :) I keep traveling the world looking for a place I'd rather like to live, but I haven't found one yet.

I grew up in Boston...if they'd just rip off the Cape from Massachusetts and attach it between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz, I'd be truly happy...otherwise, same as you...Bay Area!
I think the prettiest bar on the Celebrity ships is always Michael's Club, and I think the best bar is always the Martini Bar. Sometimes it seems kind of a shame that Michael's Club wasn't the Martini Bar.
Me too. Seems like Michael's Club never really gets going...but maybe that's the point...nice for a quiet drink.

I forgot to mention that my first Celebrity cruise was on pre-renovation Century. She was lovely then and even better now. I really hope that Mercury and Galaxy get the same treatment

From your lips to Celebrity's ears...I REALLY liked the Century Class of ships, although I prefer my 'special' CC cabins on deck 6 of M class...

Andrew

Andy, I also loved your video and the music. You have a great photographers eye! :) What was going on toward the end, with the half clad models, though? Was that a photo shoot you happened to stumbled on? Great architectural shots of Miami! ;)

Also, do you have your photos (especially of the ship) in a separate album that we can see? I would like to show my DH where our stateroom is located on the exterior. He would never sit still for the video.

Sea Island Lady, I haven't put up just the pictures yet but will. Yes, that was a photo shoot on South Beach down at the south end where I go to watch the ships sail. The models were gorgeous but you could probably tell which one I was looking at most <G>.

I will post when I put just the pictures up and when I finish my review, almost there...

Andy

I keep asking and so far no one has been able to provide the answer so here goes again.... ;) did anyone go to the alternative dining set up in the buffet in the evening? If so is there still the $2 cover charge and please please please can someone tell me what is on the menu!!!!! I know it changes every 3 days but knowing anything about the menu would be useful!!

There was still the suggested $2 gratuity when we were on the Century in November. I checked out the menu one evening... there seemed to be quite a limited choice with a more basic cuisine than that offered in the main restaurant. I think the menu changes daily for several days and then gets repeated. We did not eat there as the menu choices, food quality and service in the main restaurant were exceptional. We had room service one evening with my wife ordering from the room service menu whilst I ordered from the restaurant menu.

This contrasted sharply with our experience on the RCCL Legend of the Seas later in November when we only had 2 meals in the main restaurant. We looked at the menu daily and usually couldn't find anything that appealed. Fortunately the choice and quality of food in the Windjammer was excellent.

Archived