Pride - Jan 6-13, 2008 - Review

suziehmkr

It really is a crapshoot with the weather. Last year, we were on the New Year's cruise (so a week earlier) and it was perfect. The weather in Long Beach was the worst of it. It got a little chilly in Mazatlan in the afternoon, but otherwise it was fine. Have a GREAT trip!
Yep...but we don't let weather dictate the fun we have..one of our most memorable and actually most relaxing cruises was on Princess when it rained 6 of the 7 days...again we had a fantastic time..heck we did water excursions...you're gonna get wet anyway..soooo...rain or seawater...it's still wet...:D Just talked to my sister who came back Tuesday from 5 days in Mazatlan...said the fog was unbelievable and she only wore jeans and 3/4 sleeve length shirts..but still have a good time...I'm talking shorts and jogging outfits...figure I'll have all temps covered...;)

Yep...but we don't let weather dictate the fun we have..one of our most memorable and actually most relaxing cruises was on Princess when it rained 6 of the 7 days...again we had a fantastic time..heck we did water excursions...you're gonna get wet anyway..soooo...rain or seawater...it's still wet...:D Just talked to my sister who came back Tuesday from 5 days in Mazatlan...said the fog was unbelievable and she only wore jeans and 3/4 sleeve length shirts..but still have a good time...I'm talking shorts and jogging outfits...figure I'll have all temps covered...;)

Funny about the rain... when we were on Liberty of the Seas, we were standing in line for the Flowrider and it started to rain. People LEFT THE LINE! Hello!! You are going to get wet anyway! LOL

The fog was bad in Mazatlan. It is the first time I have been on a ship where they needed to use the whistle every minute or so to pull into port. I video taped it. I was erie... water as smooth as glass, fog was spooky, and then add the whistle. I loved it!!

Your pictures are wonderful.

What excursions did you do?

Glad you liked them. The port review is listed on the Mexican Riviera board. We did the canopy tour with El Eden, horseback riding with Randi and the clear bottom kayak & snorkel.

• 2 weeks later...

We were also #7. It went quite smoothly...We ate a calm breakfast, and they called our number... I didn't look at my watch until 10:00am, but by that time we had taken a taxi back to our hotel, loaded up our car, final potty breaks and on the road home.

As for earlier tags and you should have not problem unless the ship is delayed getting in or delayed with customs. Which can happen... the first time we sailed the Pride, we hit rough seas coming back and it slowed us down for arrival. Well - are you flying out of Long Beach? LAX will take longer to get to.

Suziehmkr

Great review on my favorite ship. I also have sailed her 2 times and loved both cruises.

You mentioned the Pride is leaving the west coast, where to? I hope it's back here to Florida. I would love to cruise her again.

I also loved the MR and would love to do that cruise again someday.

Happy cruising,

Kat

Suziehmkr

Great review on my favorite ship. I also have sailed her 2 times and loved both cruises.

You mentioned the Pride is leaving the west coast, where to? I hope it's back here to Florida. I would love to cruise her again.

I also loved the MR and would love to do that cruise again someday.

Happy cruising,

Kat

She is moving the FLL, I think. I didn't follow it too closely. But she is being replaced by Splendor in 2009. Spirit will continue to do the 8-day and Alaska.

Archived