Yangzi Explorer

mrlevin

The Yangzi Explorer starts cruising the Yangtze in April. Our tour company is recommending this ship. It is operated by the same company that operates East Queen and East King. It has only 62 cabins; all, supposedly, with balconies.

We are not planning on going to China until October. Is anyone booked on this new ship earlier in the year? Does anyone know what company is providing Hotel staff? Any recent reports on East Queen or East King about quality of cabins, food, and tours?

thanks,

marc

• 8 months later...
I Have Been On Yangzi Explorer, It Was Great! I Have Been On Other Ships, Way Bigger To But Yangzi Explorer Is By Far The Best! I Recommend A Cruise On This Ship To Anyone Seeking A Great Cruise!

-cruiseyangzi

We are leaving Friday; can't wait! A couple of questions.

Did you sail upriver or down? If you sailed up river, what did it cost for dinner the first night?

How dressy was dining room at night? We have a 19 day trip so would like to avoid taking dressy clothes unless required.

How expensive was laundry onboard? How expensive was internet access?

Any more advice that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

waverly, thanks! I am glad to hear that dress is casual. I was concerned when I saw on the ORC website that suits are recommended for the Captain's dinner on the second night. We will definitely have coats as temps are already in the 30s at night in Tibet.

Again, thanks,

Archived