Please help clarify cancellation policy for '09 bookings.

poss

I know I should not have to depend on CC for help here. But it seems that each time I ask the question to a Regent agent, I get a different answer. Sometimes I'm told (emphatically) that it's $200 per person. Another time I'm told (emphatically) that it's $200 per booking (i.e. $200 altogether instead of $400 for dh and myself). What have other people been hearing/reading?

Thanks!

It's $200 per booking. If you cancel a 2009 cruise and book another within six months that $200 will be applied to the new cruise, so you lose nothing unless you don't want to book another cruise.

Poss, it sounds like you need a good TA. I never talk directly to Regent (and have heard other stories about the inconsistent replies.)

It is $200 per booking, it's on their website here:

http://www.rssc.com/common/tncpopup.jsp?key=voyage&color=white

Look for: 2009 SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER, SEVEN SEAS MARINER SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR AND PAUL GAUGUIN (Not Grand Circumnavigation or Ring of Fire World Cruises 2009, and note:

"Time of deposit - 121 days prior to initial vacation date, Administrative Fees of $200 per booking. Administrative Fees assessed will be converted to a Future Cruise Credit redeemable on bookings made up to 6 months after cancellation and for travel any time."

Thanks, Ted and Wendy. Your info is exactly what I'd learned previously. Yet this morning when I was speaking to Regent (to a supervisor there, in fact), she insisted that it was $200 per person, and she even read the relevant line in the written agreement that one signs. I didn't bother to call up the words of the agreement myself, but thanks to your help, Wendy, I see what the error (HER error) was: She was looking at the details for fewer than 120 days out, whereas I clearly said (and emphasized) that I was speaking of a cruise in 2009.

Wendy: I've tried the travel agent route several times over the years. I've learned that I'm always having to educate them, that no matter how reputedly good they are, they never know as much as I wish they did (which is not surprising given the almost infinite number of vacation spots). Also, especially for cruises, I've found that a fairly huge amount of money can be saved by booking through one of the large discounters. I compared prices at Virtuoso and with the travel agent office whom you might yourself use, in fact-- that woman who's so generous with her time and info on this site), and I've saved a good deal of money (and gotten various other perks) using

the discount agency up in New Jersey.

For all these reasons, I so value the aid I've received here on CC-- a superb source of generous, informative, and kind (usually) assistance.

Thank you!

Archived