Seat assignments on Virgin Blue

JEBurton

I believe you can select your seats during online check-in ... you can with QANTAS.

Here's a tip ... with VirginBlue you can purchase an exit row seat(Blue Zone Seat)... extra legroom ... for A$30 per person, per leg. You can only do this through their call centre ... which may be a bit difficult for overseas flyers. You can also buy them at the checkin counter ... if there are any left. Not as important on short flights, but can be worth the money on a long leg.

If I check in online (24 hours prior to scheduled departure) can I select seats at that time?

thanks,

john

Yes, We have the same issue. However, it has been confirmed that you can get your seats only within 24 hours.

Pinkie

We did Sydney to Cairns on Virgin Blue last year, we were assigned seats at the counter. As it was a short flight 2 and a half hours or so, I didn't reallly care where we got our seats. The aircraft is a 737 so there seemed to be plenty of room. I also like the fact that they load and unload the aircraft from the back doors and the front.

If I check in online (24 hours prior to scheduled departure) can I select seats at that time?

thanks,

john

Probably should have read on before answering (since someone else has probably already replied) but yes, you select your seats as part of the web check-in process. The computer offers you seats and then gives you the option of selecting from alternatives.

Cheers

Bob

I have never had probs choosing my preferred seat when using web checkin - part. if you do so when the webcheckin opens 24hrs prior - when travelling with DH (extremely tall) we do the web check in and then ask for exit row when we do the bag drop off and again have never had a prob!

We have always used the web check in and it usually works in alphabetical order. Our friend's surname starts with A and they are usually always put in the first couple of rows. Our surname starts with L and we are usually put in around rows 11 or 12. As mentioned above, you can only do this 24 hours in advance and I thought it was only for F.F. but I am obviously getting it mixed up with another airline.

Jennie

We have always used the web check in and it usually works in alphabetical order. Our friend's surname starts with A and they are usually always put in the first couple of rows. Our surname starts with L and we are usually put in around rows 11 or 12. As mentioned above, you can only do this 24 hours in advance and I thought it was only for F.F. but I am obviously getting it mixed up with another airline.Jennie

Jennie, I think you may have solved one of life's little mysteries! I've alway wondered how seats are allocated to "ordinary" pasengers and what you say makes a lot of sense. Once upon a time I thought it might be first in best dressed but have found that even checking in 24 hrs ahead makes no difference. Like you, we find ourselves mid plane more often than not too ... our surname starts with a M.

Cheers

Bob

We have always used the web check in and it usually works in alphabetical order. Our friend's surname starts with A and they are usually always put in the first couple of rows. Our surname starts with L and we are usually put in around rows 11 or 12.
If this is how DJ do it, it is one of the most ridiculous systems I have ever heard of. Unless, of course, they only want passengers whose names appear in the first half of the alphabet. Has it ever occurred to them that there are reasons why the front of the aircraft is a more desirable place to be than the rear?

The only consolation, I suppose, is the ability to pick a different seat - if that is available? I can't remember now - I've only ever done DJ on one round-trip to date.

Archived