Warning: This Thread Contains Clevage

shebring02lx

I think it was Jane110 that showed us a little bit of a faux cami, I can't remember what it was called, but it was a little triangle of lace that attached to your bra straps & the front of your bra & gave the illusion of a cami without the bulk of a cami. They were a pretty practical little thing. Someone must remember which thread this was on. I for the life of me can't find it. Maybe Jane could help. I think one of them in black might be a good idea.

That's what I was trying to remember! Thanks for jogging my memory... here it is

Hi Ladies,

I found this little accessory/gizmo that I thought many of you might appreciate.

It's called a "Winkee" and basically, it's a piece of fabric that attaches to the front of your bra, so that when you're wearing a low cut top or jacket, it gives the illusion that you have a cami underneath - without having to actually wear another layer.

It's also perfect for those who want to be more covered up at the office and then want to remove it to go out afterwards.

Comes in a few colors and styles.

http://www.thewinkee.com/index.html

Thanks Jane!

First off, you are a beautiful woman. My honest opinion regarding the dress is that to me it looks like the bodice of the dress just doesn't fit quite right. It looks like your breasts are being pushed up and out just a bit, making it look like its not a good fit in the bodice area.

A bra may fix it, and a faux cami may work temporaraily.

I haven't seen you in "regular clothes" so a recommendation for a bra fitting may be out of line, but I'd recommend a professional bra fit for anyone who has not had one. I and a friend went to the pro bra fitters that were featured on Oprah's show a while back. Couldn't believe the difference! I was wearing a bra that was 2 sizes too small in the cup and 2 sizes too large in the band. They teach you what to look for in a good fitting bra. They also had alot of before and after type pictures and you could really see the difference in how clothes fit better with the right size bra. They sell the Wacoal brand that was recommended in a previous post.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

My fiance loves the way the dress fits - he isn't uncomfortable that much cleavage shows! He thinks its great - I on the other hand - it is a bit of a revealing dress.

However, I do leave tomorrow morning - bright and early for Florida. I wish I would have found those Winkee's about a month ago. I would have bought one! I am going to buy when when I return just for future occasions.

The dress its self fits fine ... zips up w/ no problem. I have recently lost about 8 pounds so the dress is a tad more loose in the waist and hips than it was in November. [[Not that I am complaining]

I really appreciate everyone keeping this thread alive with all of your wonderful suggestions and confidence boosting words. I am taking the dress with me on this trip [as well as a back up] .... we will see which one I wear for formal! :)

Thanks Everyone!

I, like you, am....ehhemm....large chested. I just got a dress that I'm having the exact opposite problem. Mine (breasts) hang low and I have a gap (even with my bra). How do I get mine to "stand up at attention":eek: and have a little cleavage?:(

May I also make a recommendation? I recently discovered www.herroom.com

They are based in Dallas and offer a huge selection of extremely well made bras. I've ordered 6 or 7 bras in the past couple of months and I'm impressed. The brands I recommend for your figure are Freya and Fayreform. I especially love Freya-they prove that beautiful bras for full chests can be supportive and beautiful.

I just checked out this site and love it! I have the problem with age my girls are starting to look at my toes!:( I found a bra that will have them looking at my chin:D

Wow! I leave to go to work for 8 hours and I come home amazed!

Thank you to everyone who took the time out to reply to this board.

Honestly!

About the dress:

It is a nudeish gold and blk dress (Nude silk with blk lace overlay) Sorry I dont have a full length photo. Its a beautiful dress ... I love it. I got it at Macys on sale!

The camisole itsself is the nude part b/t the two lace shoulders - the black shawl is drapped and knotted over my shoulders and in front of me ....

I didnt feel bad wearing it when I was walking around - its just the people who sit across from me at dinner [no comments were made] but I felt like the guy sitting across from me at the table was VERY uncomfortable. Thats not the type of environment that I would like to foster.

I might have to try the black camisole idea - I also like the idea of having a nude piece of fabric placed in the dress itself. It would probably make me feel 100% better.

I really appreciate everyones advice. I wish I had a smaller chest! Im so jealous of girls w/ smaller chests ... they get to wear the cuter shirts and cuter swim wear!!!

I complain about my chest but my fiance loves them :rolleyes: What to do? :)

I understand. I have large breasts as well and while I felt FINE standing up, I felt like I was spilling out of my dress when I sat down at the table. Actually, there are pictures to PROVE I was spilling out of my dress. :rolleyes: When I saw the pictures, I asked my SO why he didn't tell me the "girls" were out like that. His response: :confused: "What? I thought you looked nice!"

LOL If I were to post that picture here you'd have NO further qualms about your dress. ROFLMAO

Archived