Warning: This Thread Contains Clevage

shebring02lx

Okay - so I am a tad bit scared to post this here .... but I figured maybe I could get some advice from women who have helped several other girls in their time of need.

Ive got this dress that I LOVE .... and would LOVE to wear in about 6 days for my 5 year anniversary cruise .... however, truth be told .... I hate the amt of cleavage that it shows!!!!

I really want to wear it - but I want to minimize the cleavage - I wore it a few months ago on my Western Carribean cruise and I honestly felt like everyone was staring ... even with a shawl on!

HELP!

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I don't have time to get it altered and to be honest - don't really have a lot of room for alterations... I will attach a photo so you can see what I mean! Sorry - I'm not the prettiest thing to look at ... but here you go! :)

FascinationCruise147.jpg

I'm not the prettiest thing to look at ... but here you go

First of all, you looked perfectly pretty!

Now... on to your concern~ and I will be very curious to see how people respond~ I think you have nothing to be concerned with. Yes, you have big boobs. Yes, there is cleavage. Yes, people might stare. But, at least from the looks of the picture, it doesn't seem as though they would be staring because you look inappropriate. People have different ideas of class and taste, yes and there are people who seem to be offended by body parts... but you can't please everyone, unfortunately.

I have loooong legs and a nice bit o' cleavage and if I'm wearing a my favorite pencil dress that shows off my features and someone is staring, that's not my problem, really. If you walk in looking like...... you're going to the club and you're dressed in shiny spandex with the girls hanging about :eek: .... that's one thing but you seem as though you know better!

Not sure if I have even addressed your concern.... and surely someone will likely agree that there's too much cleavage going on.... but IMO, you look fabulous and I wouldn't change a thing. And if I'm starin', it's because I think you look gorgeous!

I doubt everyone was staring at you. If you were self conscious, you probably FELT like everyone was staring at you and I doubt they were.

If you like the dress, wear it..but wear it with confidence. Otherwise you won't enjoy the whole experience of "wearing" the dress.

It's a nice dress. I don't think it's that bad on you to be honest..maybe not the most flattering style for your build, but it's not that bad. Perhapsy wearing the shawl attracted more attention to it?

But you have got to wear it with confidence! :)

Okay - so I am a tad bit scared to post this here .... but I figured maybe I could get some advice from women who have helped several other girls in their time of need.

Ive got this dress that I LOVE .... and would LOVE to wear in about 6 days for my 5 year anniversary cruise .... however, truth be told .... I hate the amt of cleavage that it shows!!!!

I really want to wear it - but I want to minimize the cleavage - I wore it a few months ago on my Western Carribean cruise and I honestly felt like everyone was staring ... even with a shawl on!

HELP!

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I don't have time to get it altered and to be honest - don't really have a lot of room for alterations... I will attach a photo so you can see what I mean! Sorry - I'm not the prettiest thing to look at ... but here you go! :)

FascinationCruise147.jpg

I really can't think of any way you could minimize the clevage in this dress. It seems rather form fitting and the boobs don't have anywhere else to go!!!

BUT...I think it looks GREAT.. It's not too much and you look beautiful !!!!!

I would wear it and enjoy. I wish I had some of that cleavage!!!!!!

If you do still feel self-conscious about the revealing neckline of the dress, have you considered trying different bras? You might be able to find one that pushes up less. A different fitting bra might make a lot of difference.

That said, you are pretry and have a lovely complexion. You have nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to apologize for.

I think you look gorgeous, but I agree with trying a different bra, one that maybe is not as "push up" although I think you look great.

My guess is that you will have to look high and low for a minimizer that won't show with that dress.

I agree that if you want to minimize a bit, perhaps different bra would help you achieve that look. My suggestion would be to go into a store that has a bra fitter/expert and ask for help. Bring the dress.

Also, I think that if you wore a shawl that matches the color of the dress you'd feel less self conscious. The whole look would be more subtle. The contrast of pale skin, pale dress and then black shawl, automatically creates a contrast that no one can help but stare at.

Sorry - I'm not the prettiest thing to look at ...

Huh? Are you nuts? Anyone that says that you should throw overboard!

If people were staring at you it's because you're absolutely GORGEOUS. Seriously... great skin, pretty pretty eyes, sweet smile... let 'em look! As for the dress and cleavage... I don't think it's over the top or distasteful in any way. It definitely will attract attention... but hey, in a good way. ;) I think you look beautiful and should wear that dress with confidence.

Another thing you could try.... Take your dress to your local fabric shop and match the fabric/color. You could purchase a small swatch of material and tack it in to the dress at the neckline. All you would need are pinking shears (to finish the edge of material), a light pressing with your iron and a couple stitches to secure it. Some smart folks are actually selling these online but I can't find the website :( .

Good luck... it is a beautiful dress and you look smashing! :)

First off - I want to thank everyone for their sweet comments. I really appreciate it.

It is so hard to find a bra to go w/ this style dress - I actually have a cami on under the dress [as you can tell in the photo]. The dress is actually suppose to have a much steeper neck line - but I didnt like that so I bought a nude cami. It did help quiet a bit .... now just to find a bra that would actually go w/ the dress rather than against the dress.

I used to work for the limited co .... IE Victoria Secret .... I've tried several of their bra's [even one w/ this dress] the only problem w/ almost EVERY VS bra is they PUSH UP! Not something I need ... or want [with this dress]. They make one bra [a t-shirt] that wouldn't even go w - the dress ... so Im lost.

I leave Saturday morning for Florida - Im leaving with this dress and another one .... Im hoping that I will not have to wear the other one for formal night ... I just dont want to look like a whore on formal night ! Thanks for all of your support!

First off - I want to thank everyone for their sweet comments. I really appreciate it.

It is so hard to find a bra to go w/ this style dress - I actually have a cami on under the dress [as you can tell in the photo]. The dress is actually suppose to have a much steeper neck line - but I didnt like that so I bought a nude cami. It did help quiet a bit .... now just to find a bra that would actually go w/ the dress rather than against the dress.

I used to work for the limited co .... IE Victoria Secret .... I've tried several of their bra's [even one w/ this dress] the only problem w/ almost EVERY VS bra is they PUSH UP! Not something I need ... or want [with this dress]. They make one bra [a t-shirt] that wouldn't even go w - the dress ... so Im lost.

I leave Saturday morning for Florida - Im leaving with this dress and another one .... Im hoping that I will not have to wear the other one for formal night ... I just dont want to look like a whore on formal night ! Thanks for all of your support!

1. Victoria's SEcret is not a bra company I take seriously. You're full busted. Go look at a company who makes better bra's for you. Perhaps Wacoal.

2. You're already wearing a cami? I can't tell. But if you are, then perhaps a cami that's cut about an inch higher would make you fell less self conscious.

You don't look like a whore. Your neckline is definitely attention grabbing, that's fine. But wear what's comfortable for you.

2. You're already wearing a cami? I can't tell. But if you are, then perhaps a cami that's cut about an inch higher would make you fell less self conscious.

I couldn't either so I just looked at the picture again and realized the dress is black and the cami is the flesh colored part. I thought the dress was the light color and everything else that's black was the shawl. OP is this correct?

If the flesh colored part is the cami and the black is the dress, I can see why you are concerned. You may want to switch the cami to a higher cut black one, if this is the case.

People will just naturally look at your cleavage if you are wearing a dress like this. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, you will be self-conscious and not enjoy yourself.

And obviously, you don't feel comfortable or you wouldn't be posting here.

Please post to clarify what part is the dress and what part is the cami!

First of all, you look gorgeous! I'm not just saying that to make you feel good (its a message board after all, lol) you just really look great! I think a higher necked black lace cami would be really pretty. Or, a total contrast to the color, like coral or something, in a higher neck. You have great cleavage. You shouldn't be ashamed to show it, really. It isn't tacky or over the top. Just a well endowed woman in a pretty dress!

Wear it with your head held high!

As a large breasted girl myself, sometimes I will wear a cute camisole (in your case, maybe a black lace one) ,if I feel uncomfortable. If you feel good, go for it!

During Christmas my sister had the same problem. She has this really pretty red and black lace dress, but her husband wouldn't let her wear it to one of his business functions because of the cleavage issue-and she's not even large busted. She took the dress to the mall and a lady at Macy's found this exact solution. She ended up getting a really pretty silky, lacy black cami to wear under. The lace peaked out and covered up about half of the cleavaage. I thought it looked better with the cami than without.

However, you look beautiful as is and if you find people staring-that's the reason.

First of all, I agree, you are beautiful.

I also agree that a higher neck black camisole would probably be better (or another color if you want). And I agree that a better fitting, better constructed bra would help a lot.

I used to have huge breasts (had breast reduction about 12 years ago) and I have to say that people--not just men--do look, stare, judge, etc. I don't think a man ever looked me in the eyes until I had the things "shortened." But that is their problem, not yours. Do what you feel comfortable with.

I think it looks just fine, you look beautiful! If people have a problem with it, its probably jealousy alot of the time. I wear a 36DD so i know how people like to stare, and honestly i think girls stare more than guys do!

Seriously if you feel comfortable then dont worry about it. If not, then i suggest maybe a higher fitting camisole underneath.

To me there is nothing whore-ish about you, it's just a matter of fit. To me it looks like the dress is black, and the cami is the flesh tone part that is showing the cleavage, correct? If it were me I'd start with a good fitting bra, NOT one from VS but a bra meant for a full figured woman that doesn't push the girls up at that odd bent-looking angle. Then I'd ditch the flesh colored cami and go for a black or even (gasp!) red one! Make it one that comes just a tad bit higher up at the cleavage area.

Whatever you end up wearing, be proud and ENJOY yourself!

Good advice especially a better foundation bra and same coloured camisole . You look youthful and lovely but personally I would want to cover the girls during dinner. Nothing elaborate...maybe just a light weight chiffon shawl draped to one shoulder.:)

Oh my gosh! You found them. I've been looking for my cleavage all over. I am so glad you managed to get it for me. Now, how do I get it back? I lost it about four years ago.

Seriously, I think you're stunning and should enjoy the "boost" while you have it, cause you ain't always going to have it. That said, you can go to a reputable bra dealer, love Victoria's Secret, but theyn are not adept at minimization, and get a bra that helps you tone it down. Try a Macy's, or Nordstroms. The ladies there are very nice and helpful.

I do miss that problem. Believe it, or not. :)

Archived