Millennium Review 1/07-1/13/2008

nps001

What a nice thing to say! We got a bit crazy with the camera. For some reason, I was on a mission to document the art on board.

Joe

You're more than welcome, Joe. I meant it!

I'm glad you were on a "mission". I haven't been on the Millie yet and your pictures were great fun for me! I enjoyed seeing the art ("eclectic" was a perfect word choice!), so many details of the ship/cabins, the two ships parked next to one another was very cool, the sea, and the ports, but my favorite photos showed 2 happy men thoroughly enjoying their cruise! Thanks for letting me see it all!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Hi Joe, I agree with Denise and you both look very handsome

in your tuxes:)

Thanks for sharing all your pictures with us. It definitely looks

like you had a wonderful time:)

Would you remember who the 2 waiters are in your photo in the

Specialty Restaurant? Both faces look familiar!

Hi Denise:D

One more question, if you don't mind....Is there any particular night you'd recommend for the specialty restaurant, meaning is there any night when the menu may not be as "appealing" as the others? Also, does X post the dinner menu outside the restaurant ahead of time?

I booked it on a casual night, as I didnt want to miss wearing the tux on a formal night. It's all a preference though. I was men without jackets in the Olympic that night (casual).

The menu is available for you to see during the entire cruise.

Joe

I booked it on a casual night, as I didnt want to miss wearing the tux on a formal night. It's all a preference though. I saw men without jackets in the Olympic that night (casual).

The menu is available for you to see during the entire cruise.

Joe

Hi Joe and Dave,

Thanks for the review and sharing your pictures. Every other year My wife and I go on a February Cruise with a batch of long time friends. We'll be sailing Millie on 2/17, our 2nd celebrity cruise. I was wondering if either of you had a hot stone massage and can recommend a masseus?

I've always felt, anticipation of vacation, is almost as good as vacation.If THANKS again for raising the level of anticipation another notch.

John

Office of Review Applause

The Zamgwar Institute

hey joe/dave

thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. we are booked on the celebrity century on 2/18/08.

we have been wondering how the crowd is and it's nice to know that you guys were comfortable and had fun ......and were able to get to the FOD meetings and meet people.... very nice to know that they set them up on your sailing. i haven't had much luck yet but i'm hearing that once onboard we can request them. we are very interested in meeting other FOD or friendly passengers on our sailing and really have no idea what to expect in terms of people/comfort....

also, loved your pictures. i sailed on the millenium in 06. this will be our first cruise together, and my second celebrity cruise.... and we can't wait to get on the century!

hey joe/dave

thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. we are booked on the celebrity century on 2/18/08.

we have been wondering how the crowd is and it's nice to know that you guys were comfortable and had fun ......and were able to get to the FOD meetings and meet people.... very nice to know that they set them up on your sailing. i haven't had much luck yet but i'm hearing that once onboard we can request them. we are very interested in meeting other FOD or friendly passengers on our sailing and really have no idea what to expect in terms of people/comfort....

also, loved your pictures. i sailed on the millenium in 06. this will be our first cruise together, and my second celebrity cruise.... and we can't wait to get on the century!

Regarding FOD meetings. We were on Infinity last March, and Millennium last month, both were 14 day cruises, and there were FOD meetings each and every day. I don't think you'll have a problem meeting people.

Regarding the Olympic Restaurant and its menu. It is the same menu every night. There is only one menu. There are choices, so you can have a different starter, or a different entree, or a different dessert, but you are limited to the various choices on the "ONE" menu.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

John,

Neither of us did the hot stone massage. We signed up for a coupled package (5 treatments) and then an extra one. That gave us 3 each. Both of us requested a male therapist. He is the only one on board and he was great. I'm sorry I cant remember his name.

Mel and Lauren,

The crowd was fine. We didn't announce we were a couple, but it wasn't hard to figure out either. On both the Centuary last year, and on the Millie this year, FOD meetings were listed in the Daily. I should note that Dru was the CD on both of these sailings.

The FOD meetings on Millie were much more popular than we had on the Century. We also met many gay coupled on the ship that didnt attend the meetings, and every night in the Rendezvous lounge, a male couple danced together.

Enjoy your cruises!

:)

yes we arent exactly planning on shouting it from the rooftops either... but we do want to be comfortable together.

how about your dinner seating? on the millenium a while back i got stuck at a 4 seater with a hateful and completely disgusted (for no reason) couple and actually asked to change after 2 awkward nights of a 7-night sailing. after relocating to an 8 it was much better.... no problems. i wish there was a way to automatically be assigned to a big gay and/or -riendly dinner seating ... but oh well. hopefully it will be juuust fine. we are so excited to go!

thanks so much for the input!

Mel & Lauren,

Allen and I were on the 5day Western Carib cruise on Century last April, and were very happy. Tried to attend one announced FOD mtg we saw, but it was late, in a crowded venue, and we didn't really find others. No problem. We ran into other gay couples on board, and in the dining room (late seating) sat a great table for 8. Clearly we were a couple all 5 days, no problems anywhere anytime. Have a great cruise.

David

hey joe/dave

What is the meaning of FOD?

Archived