MILLE IN AUSTRALIA Need your input

MOYSHA

We are thinking about going on the Millennium to Australia in the Fall of this year. Hopefully we can get some input from our CC friends (even foes allowed to reply;) ) about the ship and the itenary.

The last time we were on the Mille was some years ago to the Carrib. From reading posts, has she changed, or are the posters demanding too much?

How is the itenary?(sp)

This is a more expensive cruise than we've been use to (about 10K or more) and I'd hate to spend that kind of money and be unhappy.

Thanks for any and all input

Well, we'll be on her right before the cruise you are thinking about: Hawaii to Auckland. I could let you know then, but it would be too late. (Wish I could help you out with an earlier cruise, but we just cannot.) However, I have just read two awesome reviews about Millie, so maybe that'll help. I don't know if you've read them or not.

Shay

I can't help you too much on the ships condition as it's been about 3 years since I last sailed on the Millie. But I can tell you that I have done the Auckland/Sydney cruise and of the 30 cruises I have taken that is my favorite! Yes, it is very port intensive but it's worth it. Each stop is so unique and offers so much to see and do. I took a 15-day cruise but my vacation to the land 'down under' was over 30 days long and not once did I meet a person that wasn't totally willing to help me with whatever. Everyone is so friendly, and proud of their 'home.' Every place is clean and it was nice to not have any language barriers. I can't tell you enough how great that cruise was and I would recommend it to anyone!

We've just cruised on Mercury on 3 x b2b's, the last one being Auckland to Sydney. It's a great itinerary, quite intensive with not many days at sea but a good selection of ports of call. There are some great excursions and locals in all ports are very friendly and welcoming.

There are a couple of cruise reviews on those particular cruises on CC Mercury boards.

Go for it.;)

Jillybean:)

IF YOU SHIP DOESN'T COME IN......THEN SWIM OUT TO IT.

We were on the Millie last April/May and LOVED this ship!! It's very elegant, and the buffet (if you eat there) is the best we have ever seen on any ship. The layout and variety is great; homemade ice cream is to die for, too!

I would love to be on her for a lot of sea days. Great ship, and she looked lovely.

We were on her for 12 nights and experienced none of the problems being posted about her in the last year.

We are thinking about going on the Millennium to Australia in the Fall of this year. Hopefully we can get some input from our CC friends (even foes allowed to reply;) ) about the ship and the itenary.

You mean, my review didn't help? :(

We were on the Millenium in July of 2006. Everything was great. The cabin, the service, the entertainment, the food. Couldn't fault it. Everyone went out of their way to serve and please.

Have a great trip. New Zealand is absolutely lovely.

Archived