Excursion Times

cavalier2

The RSSC website lists the length of excursions for the PG (7-day cruise), but does not state what time excursions leave and return. I ask because my husband will likely go on some scuba trips (I don't scuba - asthma), but of course we want to go on excursions together as well. Do most excursions happen in the middle of the day, or are some only morning or only afternoon? I'm wondering if on the same day he can scuba, and then we can go on an excursion together.

Also, is it possible to do 2 excursions in one day? Especially for some of the shorter excursions? I'm not sure I'd want to schedule this much, but I'm curious. Thanks for the help!

The SCUBA trips with the ship leave fairly early so it is easy to do an afternoon excusion together. I did this at least twice during our 2006 PG adventure. The excursions are listed as am or pm on the Regent website so you should be able to figure out which ones to sign up for so they don't conflict.

Cavalier, both my wife and I are going to be doing a lot of scuba diving on the PG and will also be doing some on shore excursions. We called Regent and they said yes we will be able to do both. On afternoon dives we have the morning on morning dives we will have the afternoon. If you go into the cruises leaving within the next month you will see that there are AM and PM cruises. AM traditionally means leave at 8 (or earlier) and PM means leave at 1 PM. So yes you can do both.

I would go ahead and sign up for the excursions that you think you want to do ahead of time. If you get on the ship and change your mind, it is very easy to cancel or change. We did several changes as my son decided he loved scuba diving and wanted to do a lot more of it than we had originally planned.

Thanks to all for the very helpful information. It seems like it will work out well to do both excursions and scuba for my husband. We will go ahead and sign up for the excursions we are interested in, with the idea we can make changes later depending on scuba opportunities. Thanks again!

Archived