Mercury table numbers

reklawr

On Celebrity Mercury, does anyone have access to the floor plan in the main dinning room that would show the table numbers?

How would I find one? I've done searches here but get "no match found." On Google I don't get any good hits either.

Not sure this will be much help, but if you look at the Mercury deck plan for deck 6, we were at table 669. It was the first table of 8 as you came in on the port side right by the stairs. The might indicate they star numbering on the starboard side.

Sorry can't help with a exact seating plan either. We were on the same cruise as Bugdan and we had table 519 a six seating table, which is on the lower level directly opposite the bottom of the staircase. On the next two legs of our cruise we were on table 521 which was the other larger 8 seating table on the lower level also immediately opposite the bottom of the staircase. Both tables were in an excellent spot, not crowded by other tables and a great place to view the 'baked alaska' parade. Also we could hear the classical quartet that played at the top of the staircase whilst we were eating dinner.

Hope this helps a little.

Jillybean:)

Thanks for the table numbers. I do have the floor plans from the Celebrity web site of the Plaza and Promenade decks. I will start writing in the table numbers as I get more responses from previous Mercury cruisers.:)

I was suprised that Mercury's upper level does not have the railing around the center of the of the Dinning room as Galaxy has. So If these floor plans are correct, you can not see the upper level of the Manhattan restaurant from the lower level. They appear as two separate dinning room/restaurants.

Am I right? :confused:

Thanks for the table numbers. I do have the floor plans from the Celebrity web site of the Plaza and Promenade decks. I will start writing in the table numbers as I get more responses from previous Mercury cruisers.:)

I was suprised that Mercury's upper level does not have the railing around the center of the of the Dinning room as Galaxy has. So If these floor plans are correct, you can not see the upper level of the Manhattan restaurant from the lower level. They appear as two separate dinning room/restaurants.

Am I right? :confused:

Hi,:) no that is not correct....there is a railing and you can see the

upper the level (depending where you are sitting of course;) ).

2 separate dining rooms? Nope...one dining room with a grand

staircase.

I have sailed her 5 times and love the Manhatten Dining Room.:)

Roy, I can't be 110% positive about what type of railing it is...but

it is not 2 dining rooms that is for sure:)

As I remember it, there was a railing around the stairs. Naturally we couldn't see all the tables on deck 5, but quite a few of the center ones were visible as well as the Captain's table. We were going to try to get adjoining tables for the Connections members at the late seating, but since we only tried about 3 weeks before, we were too late to set it up. I had this wild idea of maybe having 2-3 tables with the same wait staff, and switching between tables. Thought that would be a great way to get to know others from the Connections group. Maybe next October:D

Hi,:) no that is not correct....there is a railing and you can see the

upper the level (depending where you are sitting of course;) ).

2 separate dining rooms? Nope...one dining room with a grand

staircase.

I have sailed her 5 times and love the Manhatten Dining Room.:)

Roy, I can't be 110% positive about what type of railing it is...but

it is not 2 dining rooms that is for sure:)

Thanks Lois and bug_dan. I didn't think that was correct but the deck plans on Celebrity's web site does not show that you can see plaza deck from the Promenade deck in the Manhattan Dining room. But they do show steps going down from the upper level. They just do not show that there is a rail of some sort to indicate it is open in the center to below.

When you look at the deck plans on Galaxy, they clearly show that you can see from one deck to the other in the Orion Dinning room. Galaxy's Orion dinning room is realy nice. It has a lovely double stairs joining into one as it meets the lower deck. Very elegant.

Hi Roy,:) it sounds like Galaxy's Dining room is set up a bit different

from Mercury's.

I will compare them in March~it will be my first time on Galaxy.

Double stairs?....hmmm....not sure what you mean?

The stairs on Mercury start from either side of the Martini bar and they

are hidden;) you will see what I mean when you sail her.

They don't meet up inside the Dining room with the "Center Staircase".

We will both be seeing new things!:D

I didn't realize this is ya'lls first time on Mercury!!!!!!

I love that ship:)

If you want to see some pictures of the ship, click on both

sites in my signature. Flickr has quite a few from Mercury.

We had table 606. It was upstairs at the aft windows by the railing. It overlooked the captain's table below. It was a table for 8 and we really enjoyed the view of the wake as we dined. It was recommended and since we were in a suite , I specifically requested that table and couldn't have been happier with the location.

We had table 606. It was upstairs at the aft windows by the railing. It ovelooked the captain's table below. It was a table for 8 and we reallay enjoyed viewing the wake of the ship while we dined. The table was recommended and since we were in a suite' date=' I specifically requested that table and couldn't have been happier with the location.[/quote']

Hi Mama, the dinning room layout shows four - eight top tables in that general vicinity. Two on each side of center. Was 606 all the way aft and directly next to the aft windows? Also was 606 on the port or starboard side of center?

Wow, triple post! If you are walking into the restaurant, heading to the back, table 606 is all the way at the back, next to the aft window on the left side of the railing ( which would be starboard side ) If it was considered a corner, the table would be in the "corner" next to the window and next to the railing with the railing on the right side of the table , if facing the aft window. Does that make sense?

512 and 517 are both really good tables too:) ....

Great location....center downstairs. You have a great view of

the beautiful staircase.

Hi Lois, sorry to go a bit off topic, but since this is a tables thread, the Dining room has us in a 4 top on the lower level on Century. They will move us if we want but they said we have a "nice location" and would have a view of the waiters coming down the Grand Staircase. They said there are no 4 tops near the railing nor by any windows. We are used to upper level dining but it sounds like we should just stay on the lower level? I assume as a solo traveler you request large tables, but do you recall where the 4 tops are located on Century? Thanks!

Wow' date=' triple post! If you are walking into the restaurant, heading to the back, table 606 is all the way at the back, next to the aft window on the left side of the railing ( which would be starboard side ) If it was considered a corner, the table would be in the "corner" next to the window and next to the railing with the railing on the right side of the table , if facing the aft window. Does that make sense?[/quote']

Mama, It makes perfect sense. I can look at the floor plan and point directly to 606. Thanks!

Hi Lois, sorry to go a bit off topic, but since this is a tables thread, the Dining room has us in a 4 top on the lower level on Century. They will move us if we want but they said we have a "nice location" and would have a view of the waiters coming down the Grand Staircase. They said there are no 4 tops near the railing nor by any windows. We are used to upper level dining but it sounds like we should just stay on the lower level? I assume as a solo traveler you request large tables, but do you recall where the 4 tops are located on Century? Thanks!

Hi Jade, to be honest with you I can't tell you where they are located.

Most of the tables near my particular table were 6's and 8's.

I honestly didn't look to see where the 4tops were placed.

I read your other post...sorry you are so unhappy. Hopefully you

will take a happy attitute with you though:)

As for the Main Dining room and Murano's, they really are 2 different

departments.

After you board the ship go see the Maitr'd in Murano's and you

can make a reversation at that time. It is located on deck 5,

portside, near Guest Relations.

Archived