Favorite Cozumel Excursion

rob6465

One year we did the Dolphin Swim at Chakanaub (sp???) Park. It was fantastic. My only regret is that we opted not to buy the video the staff made of our swim. I would love to have that on tape. A couple girls that we cruised with last year did the Dune Buggy excursion and had a blast. They got pretty dirty though. I was laughing at their pics where their whole faces were dirty except where their goggles where on their face.

Our days at Chankanaab Park :) We've been there twice w/our children, twice on our own. Always just for the day while the ship is docked. Never booked excursion, always went on our own so we could come and go as we pleased. Loved lazing on the beach, having drinks, eating, reading under the palapas and snorkeling all day long. We've seen the parrot show, ruins and gardens there. We've watched the dolphin encounter but my family wasn't comfortable doing it.

We are thinking of trying Playa Uvas this summer since we've been to Chankanaab so many times. Seems to get great reviews, is right next door to Chankanaab, and has all we need/enjoy.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08

It's not a ship sponsored excursion but my favorite thing to do in Cozumel is to take a taxi to Paradise Beach. The food is so good there, the beach is wonderful, with lots of activities if you have kids. They also do wonderful massages for around $1 a minute, much, much cheaper than you can get onboard. Oh yeah - the drinks are fairly inexpensive as well.!

Terri

With friends Chaakanaab (sp), with DH The cooking tour, and also with friends, it was just a great day, the drinks were well poored, the scenery perfect while we cooked with our chef, and then the food was GREAT!

We then got to hang out the rest of the day at Playa Mia or we could've, gone back...my favorite is the cooking tour...:D

With friends Chaakanaab (sp), with DH The cooking tour, and also with friends, it was just a great day, the drinks were well poored, the scenery perfect while we cooked with our chef, and then the food was GREAT!

We then got to hang out the rest of the day at Playa Mia or we could've, gone back...my favorite is the cooking tour...:D

I love Playa Mia. It's where we always go when we wanna hang at the beach. Good food, good drink, nice beach, nice amenities. Can't beat it.

Misty

It's not a ship sponsored excursion but my favorite thing to do in Cozumel is to take a taxi to Paradise Beach. The food is so good there, the beach is wonderful, with lots of activities if you have kids. They also do wonderful massages for around $1 a minute, much, much cheaper than you can get onboard. Oh yeah - the drinks are fairly inexpensive as well.!

Terri

It's our favorite too!

You can look at the website for the menus and stuff.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

We'll be going back there this May!

Is it just on the Paradise Beach? Or do other beaches offer it in Cozumel..

Thanks in advance..

They also have them at Playa Uvas. These are the only 2 I know about but there are probably others. The massages at Paradise Beach are the best!

Terri

I love Playa Mia. It's where we always go when we wanna hang at the beach. Good food, good drink, nice beach, nice amenities. Can't beat it.

Misty

DH doesn't cook but this was not only fun but they were so funny too! Everytime we added an ingredient the chef wanted to rejoice with Tequela!~ we were done cooking and eating by 2, so we relaxed the rest of the day, the facilities are so much nicer now after they rebuilt too!:D

I have yet to find my "favorite" excursion in Cozumel. Of my 5 cruises, I've been there 4 times. Did Chankanaab Park 3 times (Dolphin Swim once) (on our own), shopping (on our own), Fury Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party (Ship excursion). We've had a blast on every excursion. I just don't want to claim one as my favorite until I've exhausted all of my possibilities. Next trip, we plan on renting our own jeep and touring the island.

I think I'll have to go back a bunch more times and keep trying more and more things til I find my favorite thing to do:D .

So, ask again after I've cruise 20-30 more times.

After we did our shopping right near the tender docks, we went on the Atlantis submarine excursion. My wife was very apprehensive about going under water (she doesn't even go under in our pool!), but we both had a great time. We went down over 100 feet and saw amazing reefs and sea life, including sea turtles. It was affordable, fun, impressive to two who have never done anything like it, and we'd recommend it to anyone.

On our first visit to Cozumel we did the Atlantis Submarine too....thought it would be kinda goofy before we went....but....it was really quite incredible. We enjoyed it very much.

Second stop about a year later all the beaches etc. were rebuilt from Hurricane Ivan and we did a Mexican Cooking Lesson at Playa Mia (I think). It was huge fun....cooked our lunch...augmented it with the beach buffet....drank "free" booze....wandered the beach and the shops. It was a really fun day...and as I recall...not all that expensive as shore excursions go!

I just love the beaches at Cozumel -- I've been to Playa Mia and Paradise Beach. Last year, we did the dolphin swin at Chankanaab Park and that was awesome. My sister and her BF did the ATV excursion with Carnival when we were on the Conquest. They loved it and I would like to try it some time. They said it was amazing (but they were filthy head to toe when they got back).

The only thing I didn't love was the ruins at Tulum. Long ride, too hot. But, I guess you have to do it once.

We took a taxi to Mr. Sanchos Beach. Very nice. It had good snorkling, an outdoor bar/restaurant, affordable massages, a pool and other water activities. The food and drinks were affordable and very good. You can visit the website at www.mrsanchos.com

I would recommend this to anyone. We had alot of fun and it was very nice.:D

Favorite Cozumel excursion and why ?

To bad it is not there any more but we loved playing Putt Putt Golf. It was taken with the huricannes in 2004 and was never rebuilt I believe. It was fun to be putting and see and iguania? run across your foot or the course.

Archived