HMC Cabana Review 1/6/08

DreDay

Has anyone had the purple cabana? I think it is #6...(correct me if I am wrong, please! :) )

Are there restrooms nearby?

How far away is the food?

Is it shaded (it looks to be by the pictures I have seen)?

Looks like it's mid-way down - not too close to all the action, but not too far away, either.

How many soft drinks and waters do they provide for 4 people?

Thanks for any and all answers!

Yep Purple is #6 according to the picture I just looked at. I haven't had a cabana before but from what I've read on other threads they provide 2 soda's per person plus two Large bottles of water.

Hope that helps!

Melissa

If you do NOT have a cabana, is there a shady place to sit on the beach?

Is it very hot at the end of October?

I don't know what the temp will be in October, but I'd say it will be warm. We were there in February and it was in the 80's with very little humidity.

There are hammocks, at least a few, scattered amongst the trees that line the beach. I saw several people pull their loungers up near a tree to take advantage of the shade.

Here's Ziggy's pictures. You can get an idea of how many trees (and what's shady) from her pictures. I looked at these over and over until we finally made it to HMC. :)

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/310184391qmbGBl

Has anyone had the purple cabana? I think it is #6...(correct me if I am wrong, please! :) )

Are there restrooms nearby?

How far away is the food?

Is it shaded (it looks to be by the pictures I have seen)?

Looks like it's mid-way down - not too close to all the action, but not too far away, either.

How many soft drinks and waters do they provide for 4 people?

Thanks for any and all answers!

On our first cruise, we were in cabana #3 (turquoise). Between #3 and #4, there are stairs that will take you up to the area where the tram/shuttle thing runs. There may even be another set of stairs by your cabana, but I know for sure there's stairs between #3 & #4. Anyway, it's a very short walk to the restrooms from there (you just go to your right...like you are going back to the tender area). You'll pass the picnic table area and the restrooms are right there. I have arthritis in one knee and I had no trouble going back and forth to the restroom. :)

You cabana is in a good location. Not too far from things, but out of the fray of the first three. Although, the day we're going to be there there will be only one ship (the Noordam) and it's really not that crowded if there's only one ship.

As for food and beverages...

We were visiting HMC on a Friday (we sailed on a Saturday). When we arrived in our cabin on Saturday, there was a pink envelope with the Cabana info. They also provided us with info in case we wanted to upgrade to a butler, which we did.

For the cabana only, they ask you to fill out a form and return it to the front desk by Monday, at least they did for us. On it, they ask what your beverage preferences are. From what I remember, Mistletoe76 is right about the beverages. We didn't get these because we ended up doing the butler service and the butlers ran to get whatever we wanted, beverages included. So if for some reason you end up with only 2 in the cabana, go ahead and say there are four and make beverage selections for four.

On this form you'll also be asked what your shoe sizes are for the snorkeling flippers. When you get to the cabana, all the snorkeling gear, and the mats will be waiting for you, along with the food and beverages, in the cabana. When you're going to get off the ship, you'll see a rack of towels near the exit. Just grab what you need. :)

When you arrive at the cabana, you'll find a plate of fruit, some chips and salsa. There's a refrigerator, and you should find your pop/soda and water there.

When you get off the ship, you'll go under this large orange thing (and they'll take your picture there). Just past the entrance, and to the left, you'll see a stand. Go there. You'll show them your tickets and they'll get you set up on the tram/cart thing and then you'll be dropped off right behind your cabana, or if there aren't stairs there, they may drop you between #3 & #4.

When we left, we went to the left and our butler guy called someone and they picked us up and took us back to the entrance. If you don't have a butler, ask any HAL person and they should be able to get a hold of someone to get the transportation vehicle to pick you up. Or you could walk. I didn't want to walk that far, so we just waited.

Have a great time. The water is such lovely shades of blue and the sand is like white cake powder. It's an amazing place!

Thank you so much Twinkletoes and Melissa! Your information is excellent. Once I saw your post, Twinkletoes, about your cruise and the cabanas being available to book - I quickly did some research and jumped to book mine! I am so glad you posted that the booking of cabanas was available.

I know that we will not enjoy HMC as much without the cabana to relax in and get out of the sun!

We will request beverages for 4 - just in case we meet some one on the cruise that we would like to invite to join us! :)

takemewithyou,

You're going to LOVE the cabana. I'm glad you saw my post. They sure go fast. From what I read, it sounds like they opened a lot of dates that day. No wonder they were busy at HAL that day! :)

If it's just the two of you and you have extra water and soda/pop, you can probably take it back with you on the ship. I would, you paid for it. :)

Also, I love birdwatching, and you're going to see these little birds that are called Bananaquit. They look a lot like a Wren, only these birds have black back, white stripe over the eye and white tummy with a bright yellow splash across the white. They love fruit and will beg. I put some strawberries on the railing and a couple of the birds enjoyed them. :)

Just had purple #6 in April. It is close to the new restroom. However, # 7 is even closer. Purple is about a 3 minute walk.

We had the Butler package, so our food came to us. The BBQ area is probably a 10 minute walk away.

Just had purple #6 in April. It is close to the new restroom. However, # 7 is even closer. Purple is about a 3 minute walk.

We had the Butler package, so our food came to us. The BBQ area is probably a 10 minute walk away.

Thank you, Cruiser Bruce! That sounds good. Can't wait! :D

Archived