What to do with "stuff" while snorkeling?

jratly

I was wondering what most people do with their stuff (towels, cruise ship passes, sunglasses, etc) when snorkeling whether this is from the beach or out on an excursion. Very few places have lockers.

We have signed up for a tour in St Lucia (Cosol) and Barbados (Glory Tours) and both have stops along the way to snorkel. Is it safe to leave these items in their vans?

I have a waterproof holder that I carry around my neck with my sea pass/cc/money. My towels, backpack, etc, I leave on the beach or whereever. Sometimes, if someone else isn't going out on the snorkel trip, I will ask them to watch my stuff as well. Hope this helps.

I have a waterproof holder that I carry around my neck with my sea pass/cc/money. My towels, backpack, etc, I leave on the beach or whereever. Sometimes, if someone else isn't going out on the snorkel trip, I will ask them to watch my stuff as well. Hope this helps.

What she said. I have never had anything even think about going missing. This has pretty much been my strategy since I would spend my days at the beach in Brooklyn.

The other thing, though, is I take a waterproof camera (or water-housed camera) with me for water trips so I don't have to worry about that either

I use a multipurpose pouch from http://www.aquapac.net/dotinfo/erol.html#1X0. (This web site also has some good general information on the subject.) Which ever solution you pick, test it out in a bathtub or pool before you use it snorkeling.

Call me paranoid, but in addition to using a pouch rated to an appropriate depth, I always seal water sensitive valuables (watch, passport, etc.) in zip lock bags before putting them in my pouch.

BTW DryPak's web site is http://www.drypakcase.com.

Archived