Children in Pinnacle Grille?

jerseygirl3

When we were on Westerdam last year, there was a young couple dining in Pinnacle Grille with a child around the age of 1 year. The child was in a high chair and was rather quiet (I wish mine were that quiet when they were that age!!). Anyway, it occurred to me that since we'll be on Westerdam in April and my sister, BIL, and their 7-year-old twins will be joining us, will the kids be allowed to dine in the Pinnacle Grille if we choose to do that one evening? I know it's a long evening, but they are very well traveled and used to eating in fine restaurants.

We took my 8 year old into the Pinnacle Grill, after calling to see if she could join us. We had run into Tropical Storm Olga and it was a bit rough and she was feeling nervous. They said she would be welcome and we were not charged. She did not, of course, eat from the adult menu, but they did very kindly bring her the children's menu from the regular restaurant.

Yes - indeed - children can eat in the Pinnacle. Should you choose to order anything from the Adult menu -- even an appetizer for them -- you will be charged the $30 for each child.

Children's menu - nothing.

We were on one cruise when a child started to get fussy and theen starting cring and yelling -- bad situation. After a half hour the maitre'd came over and talked to them. She left with the child -- husband wasn't happy. Her meal was but into a doggy bag and he left with it after he finished his dinner.

Thanks for everyone's input. So, in other words, if we bring the kids with us one evening, they can just order from the children's menu and not be charged the $30? They were preemie twins, so even at the age of 7, they are still quite small and don't eat very much. It didn't even occur to me that they wouldn't have to pay the full $30 regardless of what they ate.

We were on one cruise when a child started to get fussy and theen starting cring and yelling -- bad situation. After a half hour the maitre'd came over and talked to them. She left with the child -- husband wasn't happy. Her meal was but into a doggy bag and he left with it after he finished his dinner.

I think this is what most adult pax fear- not children in the dining room or especially in the upscale pay-extra restaurant, but inconsiderate selfish parents. A half hour is waaaay too long for a fussy, crying, and yelling child to remain in the Pinnacle and the maitre d' never should have had to take charge of the situation. Sorry the husband wasn't happy. :eek:

I think this is what most adult pax fear- not children in the dining room or especially in the upscale pay-extra restaurant, but inconsiderate selfish parents. A half hour is waaaay too long for a fussy, crying, and yelling child to remain in the Pinnacle and the maitre d' never should have had to take charge of the situation. Sorry the husband wasn't happy. :eek:

Thankfully it happened only on one cruise one time considering the number of times we have dined in the Pinnacle on various ships.

Feel bad for the husband as the possibilty of a wondeful l evening was ruined .

An ilmannered child has no business being in an upscale dining facility. The Matri Di was very correct it talking to the parents. I do tyhink he waited a long time to do it.

Baby sitting is available on all the ships and if the parents anticipate a problem they should set it up....

Ruth & Jim

We had this problem last week (was it only last week?) on the Westerdam. I was traveling solo and dined in the Lido so I could enjoy my book and not have to talk to anybody. Every single night this couple with a baby sat near me. The baby was at that stage where they have to squawk, squeal, scream, and cry through entire meals. I had to move every night. The couple just sat there, cooing and thinking how cute their baby was. I tried not to hate the baby--it wasn't its fault it had inconsiderate parents. I'm sure they thought they were doing the right thing by not eating in the dining room, but really, after 10 minutes one of the parents needs to take the baby out of the room.

I'm not sure why anyone would cruise with a baby in the first place, but I won't get started on that....

Peaches --

I think FIVE MINUTES is waaaay too long!! Enjoying the snow???

AG

Peaches --

I think FIVE MINUTES is waaaay too long!! Enjoying the snow???

AG

Hi, AG. I got my bread and milk yesterday, so we are all set here. Still coming down pretty heavy. How are the roads where you are (and where are you if you don't mind?). I am in North Fulton. We are supposed to go out later, but I'm not thrilled about it. ;)

Hi, AG. I got my bread and milk yesterday, so we are all set here. Still coming down pretty heavy. How are the roads where you are (and where are you if you don't mind?). I am in North Fulton. We are supposed to go out later, but I'm not thrilled about it. ;)

Still snowing in Chamblee!! If it gets colder, I think the roads may be tough to drive on tonite!!

Archived