Book An Aft Cabin On Mariner? Yes Or No

Jaybird

We Are Booking A Cruise On The Mariner Of The Seas Next Year And Are Considering Booking An Aft Cabin On Deck 10. Would Be Interested To Hear From People Who Have Stayed In These Cabins On Voyager Class Ships. Pros & Cons! Also, For Anyone Who Might Have Stayed In Cabin 1694 Or 1394 On The Mariner - These Cabins Appear To Be Right Below The Windjammer, Any Noise Or Food Smells Due To The Location?

Thank You,

Jaybird

Many people love the aft rooms, but I am not a fan of them. I think it is all personal preference. I see the pro as a bigger balcony. If you don't use the balcony that much maybe its no big deal. The only negatives a lot of ship movement, which may not bother you any way. It is a longer walk to the room, but that might not be a bad thing. More excercise for all the food you ate.

Jaybird:

The answer is a resounding Yes, Yes, Yes!

We were actually in 1694 on the Explorer, 1694 on the Navigator and 1694 on the Mariner!

We loved that stateoom so much...large enough for 2 people, a great view from the balcony and did not feel any motion on any of the cruises.

As well, absolutely no noise from the Windjammer above, nor food smells.

It is a wonderful stateroom; in our opinion, we would book it with confidence!

V&M

We just got off the Mariner this past Sunday. We booked an OS for hubby and me and the 1690 for 3 grown kids,,, 24,28, and 28. The balcony was supurb. The cabin was a little small for 3 adults( big ones) but they made do. They didn't spend much time in the cabin except for on the balcony. Our balcony on the hump was extremely windy and breezy many nights and theirs was not as windy. They never felt any motion on the aft ( and we were sailing between Frances and Ivan). Never smelled any bad smells and noise wwas not an issue. The Cabin they had was a D1 and it was on deck 10, next to the end from the port side. They could see down into the balcony below, but no one could see in their balcony.

We have 1690 booked for our next cruise and picked it because the balcony is wider from the door to the outside. We use our balcony a lot, too. You are just one flight up to the pools, buffet, specialty restaurants and many public rooms are just up another set of stairs. Go for the aft cabins. It is very relaxing to be able to watch the ship's wake.

Bon Voyage

We are booked on mariner 2/13/05 cabin 1694 with kids in 1692, friends in 1394 and 1392 all across aft. We had same cabin on explorer and loved it. Motion was not an issue, no complaints at all. Didn't notice the "extra walk". Take it , you will love it. These rooms go pretty early...we booked ours a year in advance to make sure we got them. Good luck! Enjoy! nick

We have booked 7292 on the Mariner leaving Halloween and boy, I can't wait. Right now we are right in the middle of some major bands of Hurricane Ivan. We didn't evaculate because they predicted a hit about 3 hours away- now it has turned a tad East towards us. I wish I was cruising, I wish I was cruising, I wish I was cruising.....:rolleyes:

Nixxhome,

We've have several families going together on this cruise. We will have one 12yo girl, three 14yo girls, one 15yo girl & two 16yo girls in our group. My 10 year old son will be surrounded by teen girls, wow is he lucky!!!

Lisa

Hello..anyone know anything about staying in cabin 1072 on deck 10 - more toward the aft of the ship on the Serenade of the sea - sailing Oct 30th.. Last time stayed more in the front of the ship on the Navigator. Afraid of the feeling the motion of the ship and what about being below the windjammer - noise and smell ??? If anyone can help - thanks!

Archived