Advice regarding a suite on the Crown?

simplyme39

Have been sailing with Princess for a while and got a complimentary upgrade to a suite on our last cruise. Loved the space, amenities, and especially the larger balcony enough to want one on future cruises.

Now am traveling with my family on the Feb 9th sailing out of San Juan on the Crown. When we booked the cruise, no suites were available and we guaranteed a mini with a waitlist for a suite.

Having read a number of posts regarding suites on various ships in the Princess fleet, I am wondering if there is a suite on the Crown that you would not recommend taking if I am lucky enough to clear the waitlist. (Would hate to pay the extra cost and not be able to use the balcony due to being too windy for example.)

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question of my own . We ( husband and me) have always had a mini suite and have been quite comfortable. We are thinking of booking a cruise for next Winter with our adult daughter. Is there more space in a full suite?......I mean space as in closets, bathroom, bed. Is there a separate bed area or would we have to climb over her bed to get to the deck??? I know there are a lot of perks but I need to know if daughter and I will still love each other upon our return <vbg> We thinking the Caribbean Princess or one of the other grand class.

Thanks,

Carol

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I have a question of my own . We ( husband and me) have always had a mini suite and have been quite comfortable. We are thinking of booking a cruise for next Winter with our adult daughter. Is there more space in a full suite?......I mean space as in closets, bathroom, bed. Is there a separate bed area or would we have to climb over her bed to get to the deck??? I know there are a lot of perks but I need to know if daughter and I will still love each other upon our return <vbg> We thinking the Caribbean Princess or one of the other grand class.

Thanks,

Carol

There are two room and you can actually draw a curtain closed in the evening to give yourself some privacy. Your daughter would be on the sofa in the living room section. There are two sliding doors for the balcony so you would be able to exit out either the living room or the bedroom slider so you won't have to climb over anything.

There's a lot more space with a walk in closet. 2 separate areas of the bathroom, connected but with a door in between. One side has the whirlpool tub and the very larger shower and the other has the toilet and sink in it. The shower is great, it's a standup shower stall that's glass enclosed and is large compared to any other category.

We've loved being in the full suites on both the Star and the Crown. The rooms are great.

If you do a search you'll be able to see pictures so you know what it looks like.

Have been sailing with Princess for a while and got a complimentary upgrade to a suite on our last cruise. Loved the space, amenities, and especially the larger balcony enough to want one on future cruises.

Now am traveling with my family on the Feb 9th sailing out of San Juan on the Crown. When we booked the cruise, no suites were available and we guaranteed a mini with a waitlist for a suite.

Having read a number of posts regarding suites on various ships in the Princess fleet, I am wondering if there is a suite on the Crown that you would not recommend taking if I am lucky enough to clear the waitlist. (Would hate to pay the extra cost and not be able to use the balcony due to being too windy for example.)

Thanks!

To answer your original question, I would avoid both suites L106 & L107. They are at the very front of the ship and have very shallow balconies which cannot be used except when in port due to high winds.

To answer your original question, I would avoid both suites L106 & L107. They are at the very front of the ship and have very shallow balconies which cannot be used except when in port due to high winds.

I second that! I would not take L106/L107 even if they were a free upgrade! Not only is balcony useless when ship is underway, but there is zero privacy. The deck above the bridge is "right there", so anyone on it is looking at you, and you'd need to pull the drapes while in the cabin to avoid being seen inside. This is a lousy location for a top-dollar cabin. It is also an "odd" layout vs. the other suites. We stayed in A751 (same PS category, located at the stern) and it was awesome, totally private, no wind...can't say enough positive things about that cabin.

Having read a number of posts regarding suites on various ships in the Princess fleet, I am wondering if there is a suite on the Crown that you would not recommend taking if I am lucky enough to clear the waitlist. (Would hate to pay the extra cost and not be able to use the balcony due to being too windy for example.)Thanks!

There have been several posts about the Riviera Suites in the 400 range that are under the pool area. (chair scraping etc at all hours). :)

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully we'll clear the upgrade waitlist and L106 and L107 will not be the offer. We love hanging out on the balcony (while the ship is underway) and it sounds like that will not be possible.

Noise I can deal with. Not being able to sit out and enjoy the balcony, that would defeat a huge benefit of being on vacation!

Archived