Tevas OK to wear at Baths

ClaireDavid

We're looking at going to the Baths on our Tortola port of call day. From reading posts here, it sounds like sneakers aren't recommended footwear for the walk to and from or between the beaches. Would Tevas be a good alternative? I've read the term water shoes and am not sure what that refers to. Thanks! Claire

Water shoes have a rubber sole and a stretch fabric upper. They are designed to protect your feet while still allowing water thru the fabric. Any sporting goods store can show you what they are. They are also available at many department stores.

I know people wear sandals there but I would not wear my Tevas. Water shoes are much less expensive and are designed for this type of wear.

Tevas and similar sandals with full straps will be fine. Tevas have better slip resistant soles than the knock-offs, but if you don't want to buy water shoes, the Tevas will be fine. They will be heavier than water shoes, but you already know that.

If your escursion has you swimming in, you might want to consider bringing a mesh bag and put your groups sandals in the bag until you get to shore.

Tevas and similar sandals with full straps will be fine. Tevas have better slip resistant soles than the knock-offs, but if you don't want to buy water shoes, the Tevas will be fine. They will be heavier than water shoes, but you already know that.

If your escursion has you swimming in, you might want to consider bringing a mesh bag and put your groups sandals in the bag until you get to shore.

I have to disagree with my cruise mate. Tevas are not a good choice for the walk down. Tennis shoes are really the best but then you have to do something with them when you are at the bottom. Water shoes or dive booties are the best bet. they offer enough protection , won't slip off and can get wet without any problem.

Archived