anyone booked for 2009?

Jack1

I see many booked for this year but has anyone researched and booked for 2009?

We are going on Scenic Tours' new tour company. Amsterdam to Budapest with 3 day precruise to paris in July 2009. We have many months to plan. We haven't booked this far in advance before and I am wondering is anyone does this!

Faye

Hi,

We are looking for a cruise in 2009 along the Seine, but little has been published. How did you choose your cruise? Avalon looks great with its new ships etc; however our friends do not want to go to Amsterdam or Prague, sort of hooked on France. Can't find anything on a new ship as yet. Hoping some experienced rivercruisers will be informing us.

Barbara

Avalon is launching a new river boat called The Scenery which will be cruising Paris to Nice and reverse starting in April 20,2008.I am looking forward to reviews of this cruise as we hope to be able to book it for 2009.It is being built specifically for French waterways.

We sailed Budapest to Amsterdam on the Avalon Tranquility last July and even going back that far some of the cruises on this new ship were sold out for 2008 according to our CD on the Tranquility.They sold out within 48 hours of going on sale.

Avalon is great and I can't wait to take another rivercruise with them.:D

Not sure how we stumbled upon Scenic Tours for this cruise but I do like the looks of their new ships and the balconies on them. I asked our TA if she had heard of this company before and she had with nothing bad to say at all. I don't think they do any part of France but you can check their new North American website for details.

The lady we talked to back last fall said many of the dates for 2008 were already sold out so that made us decided to put a deposit for 2009. Now we just have to wait. Good thing we have other vacation plans for this year to look forward to or else it would be a very long wait.

Faye

Scenic tours looks great as do their ships.

The only problem is that they only do one river cruise, in both directions,

Amsterdam to Budapest. Everything else on their site is connected to that one river cruise and then bus and one and two night stays in hotels.

Wish they had more river cruises to choose from!:(

I was told by someone at Scenic Tours that they expect to introduce 2 more ships in 2009 so hopefully it will add to their itineraries. Seems like a basic 2 week cruise with add ons at the beginning or end of your cruise. I saw a newer smallish pamphlett that showed some trips for 2009. A new one offered for 2009 was a 12 day Black Sea Explorer River Cruise from Budapest to Burgas. It will be interesting to watch and hear the reports from the first sailings.

Faye

Archived