Transportation through Princess

jadexx

After a lot of consideration I have decided to book the transportation through princess. But I still have a couple questions:

1- when booking transportation the TA asked me my flight info , and then said i was all set. Now looking at the princess site it says if im using princess transportation i need to fill out and return a Non-Princess Air Request Form.. Do i need to do this even though they already have my flight info?

2- At the end of our trip we dock at 715am New york, New York. We dont fly out of NY, LGA untill 540pm. Can anyone tell me if as soon as I get off ship Ill be taken back to the airport or if there is down time Ill need to kill before my transportation leaves? If so who keeps my bags, me or Princess?

Thanks so much for the help.

I would reconsider the transfers, at least in FP. You will pay twice as much with Princess and will waste lots of time waiting for the busses to fill up. It is so easy to catch a cab at the airport, and much less expensive.

I would expect to be taken to the airport at disembarkation in the morning.

After a lot of consideration I have decided to book the transportation through princess. But I still have a couple questions:

1- when booking transportation the TA asked me my flight info , and then said i was all set. Now looking at the princess site it says if im using princess transportation i need to fill out and return a Non-Princess Air Request Form.. Do i need to do this even though they already have my flight info? -- you don't have to fill out anything else. Princess has your flight info which they need to meet your flight. A rep will be near baggage claim with a list of the people (s)he's meeting.

2- At the end of our trip we dock at 715am New york, New York. We dont fly out of NY, LGA untill 540pm. Can anyone tell me if as soon as I get off ship Ill be taken back to the airport or if there is down time Ill need to kill before my transportation leaves? If so who keeps my bags, me or Princess?

-- decide on this once you actually get on the ship and see whether there are any tours that will run and then drop you off at the airport. Otherwise, you'll just be taken to the airport and you keep your bags when they do.

I would reconsider the transfers, at least in FP. You will pay twice as much with Princess and will waste lots of time waiting for the busses to fill up. It is so easy to catch a cab at the airport, and much less expensive.
I don't think you read the OP in that they had done a lot of consideration. Not everyone wants to save a buck, schlep their own bags and find their way to the ship. :) I've had very good experiences taking Princess transfers and in some circumstances, I think they're worth the extra money. Particularly if you're not sure where you're going and don't want to have to handle your bags.

anyone know if princess offering private transportation? Where they will still do pick up and deliver but something more personal like a car or limo? Its our honeymoon and I just dont want to be worried we wont get a cab.. or we will get caught in traffic and miss boarding or something crazy.

anyone know if princess offering private transportation? Where they will still do pick up and deliver but something more personal like a car or limo? Its our honeymoon and I just dont want to be worried we wont get a cab.. or we will get caught in traffic and miss boarding or something crazy.
Not to my knowledge.

I read it, Pam. just my experience in Papeete, we had a really bad experience using Princess transfers there, and luggage schlepping isn't really an issue there. minutes with a cab, we waited hours for princess to finally take us to the ship. it wasn't a pleasant way to start our cruise.

Archived