1A or 4A on Fantasy Class ships

Avril

My Mom, Aunt and I are planning a back to back on the Imagination in April 2009 :D to celebrate my graduating from college. Mom and I will take one of the balcony suites (we are both balcony snobs - and proud of it) and my Aunt (who has never cruised before) will have an inside. I was wondering if anyone has any pics of the 1A or 4A insides on Imagination (or any of the Fantasy class ships) so she can see what they look like and can pick between them.

Thanks!! :D

I would just Google the ship and cabin type and see what you come up with. I'm sure there are pics on Webshots or one of the other pic websites.

My 2nd Fantasy cruise and my Elation cruise were both in insides. I loved them. That Fantasy cruise was the only cruise prior to my recent Miracle cruise that I didn't have any motion sickness problems.

And I love the nice, dark cabins. Slept like a log, which I rarely do.

I'm an inside cabin snob and proud of it. I can spend all that "extra" money on drinks and shore excursions! Or another cruise! :p

None of the 1As on Fantasy ships have any port holes or windows. A 1A would be cheaper (150%) if its only for one person, but she wouldnt have two twins to push together unless she took a chance on a 1A guarantee and got upgraded to a 4A.

I know (and she knows) that niether the 1As or the 4A have windows. She just wants a inexpensive cabin for the cruise and I doubt she'll be in it much anyway. :D How much cheaper is a 1A than a 4A?

I would just Google the ship and cabin type and see what you come up with. I'm sure there are pics on Webshots or one of the other pic websites.

Thanks!! :D

Originally Posted by firefly333

None of the 1As on Fantasy ships have any port holes or windows. A 1A would be cheaper (150%) if its only for one person, but she wouldnt have two twins to push together unless she took a chance on a 1A guarantee and got upgraded to a 4A.

I know (and she knows) that niether the 1As or the 4A have windows. She just wants a inexpensive cabin for the cruise and I doubt she'll be in it much anyway. How much cheaper is a 1A than a 4A?

The 4A she would pay 200%, as above the 1A is 150%, so it would be 50% of one fare cheaper. thats why I suggested a 1A guarantee, they more often than not upgrade you to a regular inside. I guess it depends on her money situation if she is willing to gamble or not. The regular 1As are just about the same exact size, they just wouldnt have the two twin beds that can be pushed together.

PS you can pretend to book both the 1A and the 4A on your sailing on the carnival site and it will show you the total amount each would be so you can compare exactly how much $$$ difference 50% would be. Just put in 1 person and it will show the exact !!!

I booked a 1a in Aug for the Jan. Elation and got upgraded to a 4a. I loved it. It was just as large as the 6's, just no window. The ONLY bad part was it was on the Riviera deck and when they start the engines it gets really, really loud for about 10 minutes. Other than that, no problem. A girl at dinner had an OV on the Riviera deck - cabin R8, and for some reason it was larger than most. But that would have been a 4 something else, not an inside. As I understand it, the 1a looks just like the others except instead of 2 beds there is only 1 with a bunk above that closes up. That is what I was expecting actually and would have been fine with it.

We love the sideways inside cabins on the Upper deck of a Fantasy Class ship.

Have always been upgraded from a 1A to a 4A/6A. Often there are specials that offer such as well. For us, the OV and Balconys are not worth the extra expense on a Fantasy Class ship. Also, we think the Upper deck is the best deck for a cabin on a Fantasy class ship. Oh, we adore the Elation.

Archived