Opinions on Celebrity Suite to Alaska

Spot

We have been considering an early or late season cruise to Alaska. We are considering a Celebrity Suite. I'm really interested in your (those who have occupied a Celebrity Suite on an Alaskan Cruise) reasons pro or con for a Celebrity Suite.

Health issues could very likely keep us onboard the ship instead of getting off in ports so the cabin and it's views is very important.

We have never been to Alaska.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Spot - You already read my opinion on another thread.:)

So you know, my DH and I are Cabin Rats, thus our cabin is of prime importance to us, and we would recommend a CS for Alaska without hesitation! My DH and I thought the CS was perfect, AND we had other pax, including those with verandas, ask if they could have a peak in our suite...they often went away insisting they would be booking a CS for their next Alaska cruise. My DH did NOT have any problems with pictures, you can still hear the calving, and the suite in general is very comfortable. The only draw back I can think of? Be prepared to close the sheers for your privacy in port if necessary and, occasionally, the shades because of the sun. Of course pax with verandas on that side of the ship are faced with the same privacy/sun issues. Otherwise...rain? Who cares?! Cold/hot/wind/etc.... You don't care! You're sitting in relaxed comfort in your living room, being waited on hand and foot by your butler, while the magnificence of Alaska and the sea is on full display right before your eyes. Hmmmmm. I need to book another Alaska cruise!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

Last May we had adjoining Celebrity Suites with my inlaws. It was a perfect cabin for Alaska. We could see people freezing on their balconies as we sat in our chairs enjoying the view from that amazing wall of windows. Just spectacular. Book a CS and enjoy Alaska!

I put the CS (deck 8) on a courtesy hold while I try to decide. This cruise is in late April and I'm certain it will be cold (at the least).

We've never done a suite on Celebrity (only aft cc's), besides the wall of windows, what else made the CS your favorite cabin for Alaska?

Thank you for all your replies but I still need some persuading :)!!!!

So you need more persuading, huh? OK, let's see what I've got!;)

We used the living daylights out of the dining table. As certified Cabin Rats (OK, it's self certification), we always have breakfast in our cabin. Well, let me tell you, there's a BIG difference between having breakfast on the table you get in CC and the table for 4 in the CS. We had multiple dinners in our cabin as well. They were served beautifully and efficiently, course by course by our butler. I'm sure there were some brave souls having breakfast on their verandas, but we never saw them and I'm sure NO ONE had dinner on their verandas!:rolleyes:

It's very nice to have 2 rooms. I developed a cold and coughed all nite long. My DH slept very comfortably for 2-3 nites in the living room without any disturbances from me. Oh, and while I was sick, the butler pampered me. Tea, soup, ice cream, extra blankets, games, movies...you get the picture.:)

The electronics in the CS are quite nice. I don't know what ship you're considering (we were on the Summit), but our CS had a nice sound system, 2 flat screens (LR and bdrm), 2 VCRs, and 2 (?) DVD players. There's a computer workstation already in place (you have to request a printer if you want one), but, of course, there's a charge for internet access.

The bathroom is a nice size with a whirlpool tub. The closets (2, one on each side of the vanity) and vanity area have lots of storage space. In fact the whole suite has a great deal of storage.:)

The butler is a terrific perk. You may not think you want one, and then you get (a good) one. We STILL miss him!:D

Whew! I'm exhausted! With all that being said, it's really the windows that count! I wouldn't want a CS for Hawaii or the Carib, but for Alaska...PERFECT!:)

Whatever cabin you decide to book, I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Alaska is indescribable!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Denise - you are a peach and hopefully I have the opportunity some day to cruise with you - you sound like a hoot!!!!

We are "cabin rats" too and we just don't like the cold but there are also health issues with DH that preclude us spending much time walking about.

I have always wanted to cruise Alaska and DH really hasn't been interested. Although the CS costs more than we'd normally spend (I love the thrill of getting the biggest bang for my buck), I thought this particular cruise may be a great way to see Alaska in style.

The cruise I'm talking about is on Infinity - I'm a little skeptical due to all the past pod issues but we cruised Infinity to Hawaii last year and loved it. We had breakfast daily on our aft veranda and had dinner delivered once while in the islands. The cabin itself was small but manageable.

As you can see by my signature, we have an Ultimate Caribbean (Constellation) booked for November (I snagged an Aft CC on deck 7). We're taking this cruise primarily because I was able to snag a aft cc.

Thanks again Denise, I've had fun reading your messages (so much energy and enthusiasum)!

Another feature I really enjoyed was the darkness of the bedroom. It was our first, and so far only cruise, but I have heard light can be a problem in some rooms for some people. I also loved the vanity area where I could sit and get ready for the day or for evening. Nice lighting and lots of storage space for clothing and makeup etc.

My DH and his father loved having the separate sitting room and would have our butler, Manuel, serve breakfast there every morning. The ladies could sleep unbothered while the men enjoyed the early morning scenery and read the paper and ships daily newsletter.

When you are at sea, and not entertaining, there is a blind inside the bathroom window. The blinds can be opened and you can watch the world go by when you are showering. There is such beautiful scenery, especially in the inside strait, that I did not want to miss a 2nd.

The cruise we were on missed Icy Strait Point and was late into Victoria BC b/c of the dreaded pod problems. However it didn't ruin a beautiful cruise and my inlaws want to take a panama cruise and insist that it be on the Infinity. They loved the size and ammenities not to mention the beauty of the Infinity. Everyone, with the exception of customer relations, went out of their way to make our cruise special.

If health concerns are an issue, a butler is very handy to have around. My MIL, who is mobility impaired, had a problem which she tried to solve with my FIL's help. When Manuel found out he was quick to remind them that the golden Manuel rule, "Anything you need, anything I can help you that is why I am here so page me." It was said much more elegantly but that is the best I can remember. What more he and the room attendant, Edgar, solved the problem asap. We never failed to ask Manuel for anything after that incident. We certainly didn't want to make Manuel feel bad again.:o

I miss the Infinity. I miss Manuel and the rest of the wonderful crew of the Infinity. Thanks for bringing back the memories and I hope you make many wonderful memories of your own.

Archived