Best beach to head to?

ejmarf

We're cruisin' through and would like to hit the beach! Any recommendations on the best beach to get to (least crowds/good snorkeling) that may have a bar, and would love to have a stretch long enough to go for a jog? Also, how do we get there? Should we book with Victor for a ride to the best beach?

A group of 6 of us will be in Roatan on the legend in May. I am also interested in hanging out at the beach and maybe some shore snorkeling and a little shopping. any suggestions? We will be in port 8-3. Thanks for any information you can give me.

• 2 weeks later...
I would head to Foster's West BAy located on the same beach as the ship's tour on Tabyanna. Also good facilities and food.

Thanks a million for the suggestion, did you find less people than the ship's location. Are there restroom facilities, etc. and also, do you remember a charge and how much?

Thanks again,

The charge is what I am wondering about. We took a guided tour which brough tus to the west end beaches and we walked all along the beach for at least a half mile, stopping a two or three different bars to quench out thirst along the way, but we never stopped and threw down a towel, so as far as I know they might have asked us to pay to use those beaches if we weren't just walking past.

Anyone with specific knowlege?

• 4 weeks later...
The charge is what I am wondering about. We took a guided tour which brough tus to the west end beaches and we walked all along the beach for at least a half mile, stopping a two or three different bars to quench out thirst along the way, but we never stopped and threw down a towel, so as far as I know they might have asked us to pay to use those beaches if we weren't just walking past.

Anyone with specific knowlege?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks a million for the suggestion, did you find less people than the ship's location. Are there restroom facilities, etc. and also, do you remember a charge and how much?

Thanks again,

Went to Foster's last May and had a great time. Admission was $5.00 per/p, limited supply of chairs. There is a nice beach bar with food and restroom facilities. There is a hut on the beach that had snorkeling tours available. The beach itself is too sandy for snorkeling. The day we were there maybe 50-60 people, not crowded at all, the beach is very long.

Mayan Princess charges $10 a person for use of the facilities. We were going to go there, but ran out of time. Since we only had an hour and half to spend at the beach, our taxi driver took us to a public beach not too far away from Mayan Princess. Bar on the beach with $2 beers and mixed drinks, chairs, restroom, nice beach, and no charge (except for the drinks) -- called Bananarama.

Mayan Princess charges $10 a person for use of the facilities. We were going to go there, but ran out of time. Since we only had an hour and half to spend at the beach, our taxi driver took us to a public beach not too far away from Mayan Princess. Bar on the beach with $2 beers and mixed drinks, chairs, restroom, nice beach, and no charge (except for the drinks) -- called Bananarama.

How was the beach?

I would book through Bodden Trours and request Tex Connor as a driverr. He grew up at Sandy Bay near Anthony's Key Resort, has an immaculate Toyata van, can be heard from the back seats, and is a great guide. One of the best we've ver had on our cruises.

Went to Foster's last May and had a great time. Admission was $5.00 per/p, limited supply of chairs. There is a nice beach bar with food and restroom facilities. There is a hut on the beach that had snorkeling tours available. The beach itself is too sandy for snorkeling. The day we were there maybe 50-60 people, not crowded at all, the beach is very long.

I think we were on the same cruise. I remember chatting on the roll call before we left. In fact, I believe we met onboard, but it has been almost a year and my memory is spotty at best. Anyway, thanks, and good to hear from you!

Check out the fins & flippers place in another thread. We are going to try this place when we cruise on the Liberty 3/23. Its REally close to the port,(Tatyanna beach is a 1/2 hour bus ride each way from what I understand) it's cheaper than anything the cruise line offers, ($20) there is a bar and restaurant and the food doesn't seem to be to expensive, pool and beach.

Cigar dude -

I'm also weighing deciding between Fosters and Mayan Princess. Family wants beach and snorkelling. Thus leaning towards Mayan as it seems Foster's doesn't have great snorkeling there.

http://www.fostersroatan.com/

You can also Google Mayan Princess, but reading other threads here there might be some issues with getting on the premises. You'll need to take taxi there as well....too far to walk.

Jeff

My husband booked snorkeling through Fosters (after we got there) and he and our 17 year old daughter and 10 year old son had a great time. It was $35 per person for the guide, boat, and supplies for two full hours. They saw tons of fish at the coral reef including a small baracuda. I stayed at the gorgeous beach with my 14 year old daughter. The water was beautiful, clear, and calm. There were never more than 10-12 people in the water at one time.

Archived