Clocks in staterooms?

erin6494

Good morning...

Can anyone tell me if there are digital alarm clocks in the staterooms? I inherited from my father the obsessive need to know the time day or night and need to know if there is a clock I will be able to see. My DH's birthday is next week and I was thinking of buying a combo alarm clock/CD player to take with us as a gift. Then I will know the time and he can listen to Jimmy Buffett to his heart's content. But if there is already a clock, it is one less thing to pack.

Thanks,

Erin

Thanks Sue! I will go ahead and get one to take then. I have spent many a night in hotel rooms trying to angle my watch to get enough light coming from the curtains so I know the time (it is an illness, I know :-). We wanted a way to play music anyway so that should work out well.

Have a great day and I hope Jeanne stays far from you. (My folks are in Tampa, brother and sister-in-law in Miami so we have been keeping a close eye as well).

Erin

There isn't any digital clocks like in a hotel room, which I still find weird. It's as if they don't want you to know what time it is when you wake up! They have a clock on your room phone, and you can set it to wake you up by ringing, but as Sue recommended, I would definetly bring along a little clock-radio-type thing especially considering how they're so cheap these days. I wish I had brought one (as evidenced by my 11 am sleepin in Barbados - inside cabins!!)

Enjoy your cruise

-bb123

erin - as billybob says, you can use your phone to get the time, etc. We used it a couple of times for wake-up calls as we were up late the night before and do not want to miss a minute of our time on board by over sleeping.

billbob, what were you doing that you slept so late :D

Northender - well.... I was on my honeymoon - so of course I was up so late eating myself to death in the buffet!!!!!

I have never slept so well as I did on my cruise - I'm guessing it was a combination of exhaustion from the wedding and the vacation, whatever the reason, I can't wait to go again!

As a result, I always bring a small travel alarm clock on a cruise. It's much smaller than even a portable clock radio and doesn't need plugging in to anything. Always useful to have it somewhere that's in view of the bathroom door, so I can just poke my head out to see what time it is while I'm frantically trying not to be too late for dinner. With luminous hands and a press-button light, it's also easy to look at in the middle of the night, or when I've just woken up from an afternoon nap in the depths of the blackness of an inside cabin.

Suggest that if you are going to take one that plugs in - take a short extention cord. There are usually two available plugs at the dressing table/ desk area. If you are going to be needing more that two plugs at any one time, take one of those things (sorry suffering from CRS at the moment) that give you extra plugs.

Suggest that if you are going to take one that plugs in - take a short extention cord. There are usually two available plugs at the dressing table/ desk area. If you are going to be needing more that two plugs at any one time, take one of those things (sorry suffering from CRS at the moment) that give you extra plugs.

I have found, and heard from other cruisers, that an electric clock doesn't keep the right time-- it has something to do with the unevenness of the power supply onboard. I strongly suggest you bring a battery-powered alarm clock instead of one that needs to be plugged in.

I have a little battery-powered digital clock that also has a date and temperature display. For nighttime, you press on it a little and a backlight lights up the display. I got it years ago and don't leave home without it. Heck, when it's not packed, I have it here at work.

Archived