Price went up on final payment????

ALB0711

I just made my final payment for B2B cruises on the Golden in December. I booked the cruise in August of 2003. My travel agent tells me that the price has gone up by $185 (for the total B2B booking, no per person) because of additional government taxes levied after I booked. Anybody else experience this? Do I have any recourse?

Ours went up, too, but only by about $24 (and that's for a cabin with 4 people). Something sounds fishy there. Our cruise is on the Grand in November, and I live in the same departure state if that makes a difference.

How about the price going up after the cruise starts. On the recent Sept 5th Golden they sent us a note halway through the cruise that everyone was being asessed an additonal $2.50 in governmental taxes on their ship board accounts. :confused:

Read above, TAXES are different then increasing your cruise fare. They CAN be accessed after your final payment and sometimes even charged to your shipboard account. This is perfectly legal. The only thing that you can not be charged more for is the initial cruise fare.

• 8 months later...

It is more than 75 days out. You can still cancel and get your deposit money back. On my Star transatlantic they did not sell out had empty cabins and people were booking for $1000 per person less than I paid at the end. Goes both ways.

Archived