Plane information Kauai/Big Island

mingo

Can anyone provide information on small planes instead of Helecopters that fly over the islands? There are 3 of us and the helo is quite costly vs the small plane. I figured if I saved by doing the plane I could do both islands instead of 1. Any suggestions?

Carnival Festivale 5/79

Paradise 3/99

Fascination 11/00

Triumph 11/02

Glory 12/03

Celebrity Infinity 11/04

Hi mingo - I am using Island Hoppers in Hilo for the waterfall/volcano flight. Yes, much cheaper at about $80 pp. There is also a coupon in the Hawaii Entertainment book for 25% off so that is quite a savings from a helicopter tour.

Of course, a plane doesn't "hover" so that will be a bit different but I understand they do fly over the same routes as the helos.

I have not seen a plane advertised on the other islands - but wasn't looking either.

However, there is also a coupon in the Entertainment Book for a Helicopter company in Kauai so that would reduce cost there.

The books are on sale now for $10 + $5 ship.

I posted a question about plane flight previously on Hawaii board but apparently there are not any who have experiences with this. (spleen replied - the helpful gentleman that he is!)

Best of luck with that

Tina

We did a small plane tour at Hilo. The name of the company was MOKULELE Flight Service; It was awesome and more than half the cost of the helicopter tour we did in Lihue. Both are well worth the money; The plane was good for over the volcano's on the Big Island, but I would take a helicopter on Kauai. Alot of different terain and landscapes. Yow will not be disappointed with either. MOKULELE does have a web site. And so does Island Helicopters who we did the chopper tour with. Hope this helps..

CCL PARADISE (7) 10/15/2000

CCL CELEBRATION (5) 10/27/2001

CCL PARADISE (11) 04/21/2002

CCL SENSATION (4) 01/30/2003

NCL STAR (7) 10/19/2003

CCL IMAGINATION (5) 10/16/2004

Archived