Getting to Jost Van Dyke on a Sunday -- HELP!

LadyBerard

I am scheduled to be in Tortola from 12 noon until 9 p.m. on a Sunday while I'm cruising on the Noordam in February. I did look at the ferry schedule, and it seems times are very limited.

Can someone tell me how long a ride it is to where I would have to get the ferry? Also, are the ferries fairly reliable and do they run on time? What is the cost (either p.p. or do they charge by taxi?) to get to the ferry, or, can someone recommend a private boat company that would take us over to Jost Van Dyke on an excursion.....remembering our ship isn't expected to get into port until noon time. I will have anywhere between 6 - 14 of us who would be interested in this.

Thank you for anyone who can provide assistance.

Sue

If your ship gets in to port on time and you can get right off, grab a taxi and they could possibly make the 1:00 ferry to Jost. As was posted, the last ferry back is at 5:00 so you won't have a great amount of time but it's better than nothing.

The phone number I have for the ferry is either (284) 495-9278 / (284) 495-9477. If your taxi driver can call and let them know you are on your way they may wait but there's no guarantee on that.

Archived