Visa Question

ecruise

We are sailing the Royal Princess on April 14 from Manaus, Brazil and need to apply for our visas. The question is do we have to wait for Princess to send us our package for time for flights or is our ship itinerary enough. This is the first time we do something like this so we are at a loss.

If you haven't done a Brazilian visa before and plan to do it yourself rather than use a visa service, be prepared that it can be a very long and frustrating experience. They don't care about being efficient or that you're waiting in line so it can easily take over two hours (or more) of standing in line just to drop off your visa application. Then, you get to do it all over again when you go to pick up your passport and visa.

I did it myself the first time, driving into Boston, parking, waiting in line, etc. both times. By the time I figured my wasted time (it took over half a day just at the Brazilian Consulate each time), tolls and parking fees, it would have been only a little more to send my passport and application to either Zeirer or Generations Visa (both in Washington, DC) and a lot less frustration.

Archived