? for anyone who has done cc group cruises

cruisinjerseygirl

I always give it at least a week... Laura is very busy, but after a week I generally check in just to make sure she got my email. I've had it take a week, I've had it take a couple weeks. I'd check in if you have not heard in a week or so.

took about 2 weeks before i heard back from them...then i was "denied"...

I was very dissappointed but i am still planning the sailing i was inquiring about-just can't talk specifics on this board...

they had their reasons for denying me, but I didn't think they were justified....

oh well, I still LOVE these boards!! :)

good luck with your request!!

Marsha

took about 2 weeks before i heard back from them...then i was "denied"...

I was very dissappointed but i am still planning the sailing i was inquiring about-just can't talk specifics on this board...

they had their reasons for denying me, but I didn't think they were justified....

oh well, I still LOVE these boards!! :)

good luck with your request!!

Marsha

Really? I didn't think that they would deny but I guess I should be ready just in case they do huh?

Thanks Laura,

just a few questions on the group cruise...other than setting it all up and keeping it all together what special things do you do as a group leader?

Wow... there is a whole lot more to it than that for me. Besides the organization (which we typically have over 100 people, so you have to stay very organized), I design the banner, and the tshirts (as well as collect for them, order them and ship them out)... plan the parties, collect money for additional parties, make lanyards, nametags and print agendas, make the door signs, make buttons, plan activities, book group excursions, put together weekly chats, etc. I always try to plan one thing a day that will be open to the group on the ship as well... I know I'm forgetting things, but I'm just getting off group leader mode, and won't get back into the heavy planning again for another couple of months. It's a lot of work, but it is well worth it!!! We always have a great time!

Really? I didn't think that they would deny but I guess I should be ready just in case they do huh?

If there is another group cruise close to the date, same ship, etc, I've seen them deny them... they have to keep them mixed up and spread out a bit to avoid saturation. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons... but all group cruises aren't sure things...

Thanks Lucy!

I am organized...sorry about the laura lol I was thinking about her haha...anyway if you don't mind I might want to pick your brain when it comes time. I am very organized and so far I have a book started for this but not even sure that they will approve it yet. If they do approve me and you don't mind I would love to get info from you on it all.

If there is another group cruise close to the date, same ship, etc, I've seen them deny them... they have to keep them mixed up and spread out a bit to avoid saturation. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons... but all group cruises aren't sure things...

Good to know so I won't get my hopes up too high but in all honesty I am going for 11/09 and so far I only see people working on up to 1/09 so I will try to stay positive that they will do this. I am really excited and ready for the job!

Thanks Lucy!

I am organized...sorry about the laura lol I was thinking about her haha...anyway if you don't mind I might want to pick your brain when it comes time. I am very organized and so far I have a book started for this but not even sure that they will approve it yet. If they do approve me and you don't mind I would love to get info from you on it all.

I'm happy to help any way I can!!

Good to know so I won't get my hopes up too high but in all honesty I am going for 11/09 and so far I only see people working on up to 1/09 so I will try to stay positive that they will do this. I am really excited and ready for the job!

The conquest crazy group has been approved for 9/20/09, so there are plans past Jan 09 Im sure. We just voted between 9/20, 9/28 and the first sunday in Oct and 9/20 squeeked thru. We had 30 (last I heard) ready to book tomorrow on Monday when Laura gets the website up. Look for our thread called Conquest Crazies, the date is in the first post. Our prices are not yet posted. So, I can tell you Laura is busy with getting our group started right now too.

Iv also heard of groups turned down, so just dont think its you if you are not approved.

How many people do you have ready to book? That could also make a difference. There were a bunch who wanted the Conquest and ready to book before the info went before Laura even. I dont think its as easy to get a group approved as you would think. Just from what Iv seen. You might want to read thru the previous thread before the CC cruise was approved, we have well over 2,000 posts just talking about the Conquest and folks talking about getting the cruise group going later on in the thread. We just moved to the Official CC cruise group thread late on Friday.

So far I have 12 cabins that are ready to go and my mother in law would like to start saving to come as well so that would make 13...I have been still getting a few hits from people interested here and there I just put the post up last week. I have my fingers crossed but won't be upset if I can't do it I will probably still book this cruise and do it if not I will do something else at that same time.

So far I have 12 cabins that are ready to go and my mother in law would like to start saving to come as well so that would make 13...I have been still getting a few hits from people interested here and there I just put the post up last week. I have my fingers crossed but won't be upset if I can't do it I will probably still book this cruise and do it if not I will do something else at that same time.

Just keep drumming up interest as much as possible... sad as it is, less than half the people that say they are interested will actually book... so just keep drumming up interest even when you have enough to make it a "group"... I wish you luck, let me know what I can do to help! We do our groups every year in October, so you are looking at a great time of year!!

Read through this thread only put up friday and you will see how much serious interest there is in the cruise. Might give you some ideas too on how a CC cruise takes off from an idea?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=700873

Read from the back/end of this thread and you can read up through the waiting on approval process for our cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=686064

Archived