Phone service on a cruise

scanman43

Do anyone know if there is phone service on the Carnival Miracle, if so any certain days and what are the restrictions and costs??:confused:

Yes you will have service every day.

For details of cost. Have your ports of call handy and go to your providers website or call them to get acurate numbers.

Celluar-at-sea provides service while on the boat. Different ports are different fees depending on your carrier and plan. Some are considered International and some are not. This can really change with carrier and plan.

Enjoy your trip.

Yes you will have service every day.

For details of cost. Have your ports of call handy and go to your providers website or call them to get acurate numbers.

Celluar-at-sea provides service while on the boat. Different ports are different fees depending on your carrier and plan. Some are considered International and some are not. This can really change with carrier and plan.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info BigD. I don't have a cell phone can I use a ships phone??

They I know DID have phone service. BUT you dont want to use it. The cost was like $10.00 per minute:eek: .

You would likely be better off getting a phone where you buy the service with the minute cards. Like a Go phone or Trac phone. My service (Cingular/AT&T) Charges like $3 per minute on board and various rates in various ports depending where you are.

Alot of this depends on who you intend to contact and how long you wish to talk. If you just want to stay in touch but not talk. Consider email or text messaging.

JMO,

Don

You can use the ship's phone but it is expensive. This is from the Carnival FAQs section:

Can I call home while on board?

spacer.gifFor our guest's convenience, the ship's telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the staterooms telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship's location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00AM. The rate is $6.99 per minute for calls to the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and $9.99 per minute for all International calls. All charges are billed to the guest's on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, guests cannot use calling cards, credit cards, dial 800 toll-free numbers nor make a collect calls. Instructions and rates can be found in the cabin's directory.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Telephone_Communication.aspx

Thanks again for the info BigD and you to Mach. I'll probably buy one of the cheap, pay by the minute phones, but I was worried about the reception. It's good to know I can use the ships phone as a back-up plan.

Thanks again!

Archived