what can I buy in Coz

sixgun8

OK, I am kind of a Bullwhip person. I have a few, but they are getting worn out. Yes, I use them. My wife is concerned that Carnival would consider that a weopon and not let me bring it on board?? I can understand that thought because it can be used as such. but this is also a sought after tourist item as well?? maybe??

Anyone ever bought a whip while in port and did they have problems getting it back on board??

If you bake, be sure and buy some vanilla. I know this sounds "nuts" but it is pure Mexican vanilla and is so wonderful for baking....it's amazing the difference it can make. So there you have it....bullwhips and vanilla! hmmmm

Ask before you leave the boat in port if you can bring the bullwhip back on board. Tell them you are getting kinky in the cabin that night.

Linda

Nothing wrong with getting a little freaky.

We tried to reboard in Progresso with a whip that my son's friend purchased at the pier store. They made him take it off the ship and throw it away. They made a pretty big deal out of it. I asked them to just trash it but they said he had to throw it away in a receptacle off the ship and did not want me to go with him. I told them no way was I letting a 15 year old I was responsible for walk off the boat without me. They let me stand at the door and watch...it looked to me more like a toy lasso than a whip...but they considered it a weapon. I could have cared less about losing the souveneir...it was only 5 bucks but it was kind of embarrassing. There is a poster listing all things considered weapons. I took notice of this after that and they are posted at the exits.

I would suggest packing it in your luggage you are not carrying in hand off the ship. I read here the other day that someone was not allowed off with their hat made from palm leaves that they bought in Mexico, but we had no problem getting ours home last year. I never even though about the fact that it was a plant from another country until I read here that someone had to leave theirs behind.

Also, I agree that you should buy some vanilla. I always do and it does have a flavor you can't find here in the US. I just added some to a batch of homemade hot chocolate I brought to a sledding party and it was a big hit.

Off the Legend in November and were not allowed bull whips or the baseball bat soneone in our group bought. Both were taken by security they did not make them get off the ship to dispose of and they are very serious about this.

Do they check everything that you carry onto the ship? Last year we purchased some tequila and other liquor in Cozumel. Our underage son, 17 at the time, didn't feel well and headed back to the ship early. Not thinking... we gave him all of our packages to carry back on board. He didn't know to check liquor in and just sent in through their machine. Needless to say, no one said a word and he carried everything straight to the room???? Not sure what happened there.

Archived