Completely Depressed & Frustrated...HELP!

Brenda33

Your behavior can be affected by not getting enough calories. You need enough calories for your body to work ( around 1200 -1500 I believe ) also to lose weight you need to eat enough. Sounds like you are doing that so it might just be your body adjusting to your new lifestyle. :)

That is a oft-quoted range, and I've seen it mentioned in many weight-loss plans. However, it should be mentioned that that range is a very general range, for the average person. Everyone's body works differently, and each person has to learn how their own works. When I was doing the WW points plan, the lowest point range was 18 to 22, which translates to around 900 to 1100 calories. Then, and now, that is pretty much what I have to stay at, in order to lose. 1200 - 1500 calories a day, for me, is maintenance. :cool:

That is a oft-quoted range, and I've seen it mentioned in many weight-loss plans. However, it should be mentioned that that range is a very general range, for the average person. Everyone's body works differently, and each person has to learn how their own works. When I was doing the WW points plan, the lowest point range was 18 to 22, which translates to around 900 to 1100 calories. Then, and now, that is pretty much what I have to stay at, in order to lose. 1200 - 1500 calories a day, for me, is maintenance. :cool:

You have a point, though I think it would depend a lot on what the body is used to consuming too. If someone is used to consuming 2000 calories then a decrease to 1500 would be a good starting point. Maybe. I'm not an expert though. :D I don't even count calories when I have on the average day I'm low, but I eat when I'm hungry (3 meals with 3 snacks each day ) because this is what works for me. Having trouble taking off the last 5 lbs though. :rolleyes:

You have a point, though I think it would depend a lot on what the body is used to consuming too. If someone is used to consuming 2000 calories then a decrease to 1500 would be a good starting point. Maybe. I'm not an expert though. :D I don't even count calories when I have on the average day I'm low, but I eat when I'm hungry (3 meals with 3 snacks each day ) because this is what works for me. Having trouble taking off the last 5 lbs though. :rolleyes:

Well sure, it definitely would depend on what you are currently eating. I surely did not start at that when I began my weight loss "adventure" :p 6 years ago. Back then, I was eating probably at least 2000 a day. But I gradually trained myself to eat less (and healthier), so now my normal maintenance calories is around 1200 to 1300 a day. But a few months of inching above that, and I found myself with 6 - 8 extra pounds. :eek: So it's back to my "losing range". I'm down almost 5 now, just takes a while!!

I absolutely have to count - I journal every single thing that goes in my mouth. Otherwise I lose track and find myself thinking at the end of the day that I didn't eat anything hardly...when in fact, I ate PLENTY! Yep, everyone has to figure out what works for them, and stick with it!

People eat more than they think they do so the journaling is a good thing.

I'm home today..I made some bean soup with aduzki beans in the pressure cooker..YUM..they are Japanese beans, I threw in some creole seasoning and splenda. Not sure on the calorie count but very yummy!

Well sure, it definitely would depend on what you are currently eating. I surely did not start at that when I began my weight loss "adventure" :p 6 years ago. Back then, I was eating probably at least 2000 a day. But I gradually trained myself to eat less (and healthier), so now my normal maintenance calories is around 1200 to 1300 a day. But a few months of inching above that, and I found myself with 6 - 8 extra pounds. :eek: So it's back to my "losing range". I'm down almost 5 now, just takes a while!!

I absolutely have to count - I journal every single thing that goes in my mouth. Otherwise I lose track and find myself thinking at the end of the day that I didn't eat anything hardly...when in fact, I ate PLENTY! Yep, everyone has to figure out what works for them, and stick with it!

Yummm Sounds good. To bad for me though since my operation I was told to stay away from beans, so I cant follow suit.

Last night after our dance lesson we stopped at Applebies. Being Valentines day it was very croweded and I observed how this holiday, if that is what it is, is celebrated by eating... They have a nice fish and a WW section that usually works for me. I have to stay away with the salads because they serve them with dressing that is full of sugar, certainly not low in calories. I then noticed the menu was changed and now they have these trios... You order a fried starter, main meal and a dessert all for $ 10.00 or so.... Tons of these orders were being served and I thought now wonder so many people are overweight, it is our culture.

I get lazy, after work, then our dance coaching session, I dont feel like cooking and we stop somewhere to grab a bite. It reminded me that even if tired, I am so much better cooking at home.

Smooth: If we knew what was in the restaraunt food we probaly wouldn't eat it at all! Did you ever notice how you could have the exact same meal at a mom/pop diner and a chain restaurant and it always taste better at the mom and pop place as it is HOME cooked! I think I mentioned I have my meats cut into single serving sizes and wrapped individually so I can throw something on the grill quick, and I cut my veggies up ahead of time.

Brenda: I was thinking about your calorie question. You are exercising a LOT so it is natural you will be a little more hungry. So that's when you need to find a post work out snack for after, less than 200 calories. I suggest an apple as it's fresh, has a lot of fiber and can be very filling.

Yummm Sounds good. To bad for me though since my operation I was told to stay away from beans, so I cant follow suit.

Last night after our dance lesson we stopped at Applebies. Being Valentines day it was very croweded and I observed how this holiday, if that is what it is, is celebrated by eating... They have a nice fish and a WW section that usually works for me. I have to stay away with the salads because they serve them with dressing that is full of sugar, certainly not low in calories. I then noticed the menu was changed and now they have these trios... You order a fried starter, main meal and a dessert all for $ 10.00 or so.... Tons of these orders were being served and I thought now wonder so many people are overweight, it is our culture.

I get lazy, after work, then our dance coaching session, I dont feel like cooking and we stop somewhere to grab a bite. It reminded me that even if tired, I am so much better cooking at home.

Good morning all!! I am so happy. I lost another pound! Total of 9 pounds!!! I am now 134. Everytime I lose a pound it gives me so much energy and desire to continue going!! I have to say Curves is really helping. Its kicking my butt, and paying off. I'm starting to get used to eating less and much differently. I made spaghetti squash last night. I couldn't believe how good it was. It reminds me of chinese food. Anyhow, I wish I tried that years ago!! Have a great day all!

Brenda, how exciting! This is a great motivator to all of us. It's been about 3 weeks, right?? See, we told you it'd be easier to go with less food once you got used to it!

Someone gave me a fine chocolate yesterday...not a bigt sweet eater anyway but I tell you, it'd been so long that I'd had any chocolate I wanted to vomit. My MIL gave me a jamaican beef patty for dinner last night and then I was on the toilet for an hour as I wasn't used to eating anything with wheat or gluten. That was a good reinforcer to stick to healthy eating.

I bet now that you're losing weight you're learning that the pot roast and mashed potatoes that was your best friend is now a mere acquaintance!

Good morning all!! I am so happy. I lost another pound! Total of 9 pounds!!! I am now 134. Everytime I lose a pound it gives me so much energy and desire to continue going!! I have to say Curves is really helping. Its kicking my butt, and paying off. I'm starting to get used to eating less and much differently. I made spaghetti squash last night. I couldn't believe how good it was. It reminds me of chinese food. Anyhow, I wish I tried that years ago!! Have a great day all!

I actually will look at the pot roast and mashed potatoes as a special occassion food. I do still miss it, but I realize its not something to eat all the time....especially when still trying to lose weight. Its been about 3 1/2 weeks for the 9 pound weight loss....well almost 4 weeks ;). I just pray it keeps happening. Wow...I can't imagine actually getting sick from eating something like chocolate or a burger!! I don't care about the chocolate but boy would I LOVE a nice juice rare burger with raw onion, bacon and bleu cheese.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........OK, I'm done. LOL But, good news is tonight is my night out and I will get to eat a bit. I LOVE SATURDAY NIGHT!!! Have a great day!

I actually will look at the pot roast and mashed potatoes as a special occassion food. I do still miss it, but I realize its not something to eat all the time....especially when still trying to lose weight. Its been about 3 1/2 weeks for the 9 pound weight loss....well almost 4 weeks ;). I just pray it keeps happening. Wow...I can't imagine actually getting sick from eating something like chocolate or a burger!! I don't care about the chocolate but boy would I LOVE a nice juice rare burger with raw onion, bacon and bleu cheese.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........OK, I'm done. LOL But, good news is tonight is my night out and I will get to eat a bit. I LOVE SATURDAY NIGHT!!! Have a great day!

I'm with you here...can't imagine getting sick from chocolate or a burger...in fact, I'm craving a burger about now. Maybe I'll make one with 95% fat free sirloin. Pizza is another thing I'm craving. How was dinner last night? It was a friend's birthday, and we went to a steakhouse. I save points so I could have a small filet, and it was heaven! The waitress brought a small dessert for the b-day girl...it was perfect - we each took one bite and passed it along to the next person. It was the club afterward that killed me...I had 4 drinks there - 8 points! And I'm feeling it now, LOL! However, I'm down 2.5 pounds. I had a 3 week plateau. I spoke with a trainer and a WW leader, and they both said with my activity level (hour to hour and a half of HIGH intensity doing spinning, a latin dance/martial arts class, kwando, treadmill, or elliptical plus strength training), I wasn't eating enough, so body was "hanging on" to what I was giving it. I upped my food intake, and I lost weight! Woo Hoo! Counter-intuitive, but I'm not going to argue. So that's 15 pounds since 1/5. I have 7 more to go!

Someone gave me a fine chocolate yesterday...not a bigt sweet eater anyway but I tell you, it'd been so long that I'd had any chocolate I wanted to vomit. My MIL gave me a jamaican beef patty for dinner last night and then I was on the toilet for an hour as I wasn't used to eating anything with wheat or gluten. That was a good reinforcer to stick to healthy eating.

Why do you consider wheat and gluten to not be healthy? I don't know much about gluten, but I eat whole wheat pasta, bread (whole wheat, not the blends), and I've always thought this was very healthy.

I don't consider it unhealthy at all. What it does for me and many others is allow us to not lose weight. Read the thread on this board "Easiest Diet Ever, no joke". I have found that for me, I lose weight the fastest with no sugar, no wheat, or no gluten. I have lost my taste for about anything that has it,and when I do eat something with it I get sick to my stomach. There is a bunch of neurochemistry stuff I could explain to you on what it has do to with weight loss but it's complicated to explain. I don't have celiac disease or anything, I just lose weight FAST when I drop these other things and I can live without them now that I don't have a taste for them.

Why do you consider wheat and gluten to not be healthy? I don't know much about gluten, but I eat whole wheat pasta, bread (whole wheat, not the blends), and I've always thought this was very healthy.

Chigirl.....dinner last night was heaven! I had 2 glasses of wine, 2 pieces of bread, stuffed mushrooms.......I ate all that....but then I had only a few bites of my actual dinner, which was rigatoni with chicken arugula in a light tomato sauce. I find that I am not as hungry after almost a month of dieting. I used to be able to go to a restaurant and polish off every bite. But now, I order what I would like and eat only what I really want. I don't stuff myself anymore. I like the appetizers the best so I usually polish that off, but then pick at my dinner and I still feel I had so much!! Anyhow, for me, I can't seem to completely give up certain foods. I don't possess the willpower. For me to give up wheat, etc. I would feel tortured. As it is, at home I have switched to whole grain pasta and measure it and whole grain bread also....and don't eat that everyday either. I am trying....but I cannot completely say NO to anything just yet. It has been a month since I have had beef and I am missing that a little. Mostly, I am missing mashed potatoes with gravy...but I am putting that off as long as possible. This next week is going to be rough because I do have my normal Saturday night dinner plans...this time with friends....and on Thursday its my son's 6th bday and he is pushing for RED ROBIN!! OH NO!!..BURGERS AND FRIES!!!! I CAN'T!!! But, can I resist? I am going to look at the menu and see if there are any smart choices. If anyone who is smart about this stuff can look at the menu and advise me it would be greatly appreciated!!! Congrats with your weight loss. I know what a struggle it is. I think about it constantly!!! Not a second goes by that I am not thinking about my weight. A goal of mine is after I reach a certain point I want to just keep living this way and stop worrying about every little thing 24/7. I don't think that can be healthy either.....can it?

Well back to cleaning......almost time to do the floors...that is really a good workout!! Have a great day everyone! :)

Brenda: Ok....here's some "food for thought". I'm sure everyone will disagree with me.

It's not about willpower. It's about needs and wants. Why did you "need" to have 2 glasses of wine and 2 pieces of bread instead of a single serving of each? Don't say "because I wanted to and it tasted good". That's a want, not a need. Why do you "need" to have beef? Why do you "need" to have mashed potatoes? Again, it's not because you miss them , that's not a need. That's a want.

Why do you "need" to have a hamburger and fries? You have the rest of your life to eat that. Ok, so maybe you eat the hamburger without the bread and 5 french fries. But then again, I wouldn't put myself in a position to torture yourself. Your too obsessed with thinking of this as a diet, you even called it a diet in your post. Youre supposed to think of it as a lifestyle change.

You can't completely say no? I don't think you ever tried to. Yes it's about moderation and cutting back. But when did you ever really try to say no to something and then feel great because you did say no? Is it going to kill you to not have a hamburger and fries just because it's your sons birthday? Why don't you eat a healthy meal at home first then maybe have a small salad or a soup when yo uget there..if you even are hungry then?

What feels better...eating pot roast and mashed potatoes or something else that isn't the best for you..or the guilt you feel beating yourself up after? If you think eating it now feels better, then you lose your right to complain after you pig out!

Keep up the good work! Menina :)

Chigirl.....dinner last night was heaven! I had 2 glasses of wine, 2 pieces of bread, stuffed mushrooms.......I ate all that....but then I had only a few bites of my actual dinner, which was rigatoni with chicken arugula in a light tomato sauce. I find that I am not as hungry after almost a month of dieting. I used to be able to go to a restaurant and polish off every bite. But now, I order what I would like and eat only what I really want. I don't stuff myself anymore. I like the appetizers the best so I usually polish that off, but then pick at my dinner and I still feel I had so much!! Anyhow, for me, I can't seem to completely give up certain foods. I don't possess the willpower. For me to give up wheat, etc. I would feel tortured. As it is, at home I have switched to whole grain pasta and measure it and whole grain bread also....and don't eat that everyday either. I am trying....but I cannot completely say NO to anything just yet. It has been a month since I have had beef and I am missing that a little. Mostly, I am missing mashed potatoes with gravy...but I am putting that off as long as possible. This next week is going to be rough because I do have my normal Saturday night dinner plans...this time with friends....and on Thursday its my son's 6th bday and he is pushing for RED ROBIN!! OH NO!!..BURGERS AND FRIES!!!! I CAN'T!!! But, can I resist? I am going to look at the menu and see if there are any smart choices. If anyone who is smart about this stuff can look at the menu and advise me it would be greatly appreciated!!! Congrats with your weight loss. I know what a struggle it is. I think about it constantly!!! Not a second goes by that I am not thinking about my weight. A goal of mine is after I reach a certain point I want to just keep living this way and stop worrying about every little thing 24/7. I don't think that can be healthy either.....can it?

Well back to cleaning......almost time to do the floors...that is really a good workout!! Have a great day everyone! :)

Brenda, now that I totally made you cry (I hope not anyway!)..try this..cook an entire head of cauliflower and MASH it...you'll swear you're eating mashed potatoes..but instead of gravy use some sort of herbs for seasoning. It really fooled me into thinking it was mashed potatoes!

I checked out the Red Robin menu, and I think your best bet would be the soup and salad combo with the chicken tortilla soup, hold the sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips. There aren't too many healthy options at this restaurant.

Speaking of healthy, I'm somewhat in agreement with Menina in her post above. I'm all for everything in moderation, so if a burger and fries are what you want, go for it. Just don't complain when you don't lose weight:). Your statement that not a second goes by where you don't think of weight loss is disconcerting. This is not a healthy attitude. If you are obsessed, you will eventually fail. You need to develop a healthy attitude towards food and exercise.

Alright, I'm not gonna cry.....I expected to be beat up over my thoughts. However, I do not regret eating on Saturday night. This has been working for me. However, eating an extra day would make me regret it. No, I didn't need 2 glasses of wine or 2 pieces of bread...I did just "want" it. I do believe, however, that it is willpower. If I was stronger I wouldn't want and desire these things so much. In my own defense, other than Saturday nights I have been the model dieter....of lifestyle change person. I measure my food, and I have even learned to accept it. I think my biggest problem now is that I don't know how to eat out......and boy am I gonna get yelled at for what I say next. But, if everyone else is eating all the goodies and I don't eat or just have a side salad I will start to cry, hate myself because I can't have what everyone else is having and I will be miserable. Yeah, I suck. I know this is totally wrong caring what others are doing. If only one other person ate like me it would make me feel better when out. Although, I do so well on Saturdays, because my DH is trying to show me up and lose a ton of weight so eats well too. Oh....yeah, that is eating well for me on a Saturday night. I used to finish off everything and eat many cream sauces. I think that in order to make it a lifestyle change I have to eat "normal" foods and be able to go out with others. I think the hardest part is that it is still in the phase when I want to lose weight and not maintain....I guess that is the reason I think its such a big deal to go to McDonalds or Red Robin. I ate completely healthy all day today. I had a cup of fiber cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk. A small piece (and I do mean small) of grilled chicken at lunch time. I had one of those sickel (spelling) pears....they are smaller than a lime...about golf ball size. For dinner I had shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms. I added garlic, lemon and lime for flavor. It was really good. I really do want to lose weight......and I am trying to do the very best I can.....and probably if I was even stricter than I am I may have lost a few more pounds. Yeah, I guess I do feel badly.....Uggghhhhh :confused:

A few things first…. Brenda, I am really glad you started this thread because I have learned quite a bit, taken away some great motivation. The second thing is that absolutely, try the blended cauliflower, it does taste just like mash potatoes. My husband is a meat and potatoes man and he never complains when I make them. (I put mine in a blender)

I am going to agree with Menina to a point. My sister, overweight began to diet and work with a personal trainer with great results. Once I asked her how she managed to stay away from snacks. She said that she wanted to loose the weight more than she wanted the snacks…. I though to myself, well OK that was pretty simple wasn’t it?

But myself, I love to have a glass of wine in the evening, especially when we go out. I found I simply could not say no to that second glass of wine… I just could not do it and it snowballed from there…. Then I had no resistance to other high calorie items. So now I no longer drink wine at all because if I don’t have the first glass I am fine. The point I am making is that sure it is easy to say, just don’t do it but if this is where you resistance is low then you need to come up with an alternate plan like I did. After a while you are going to get frustrated and stop saying no, return to your old way of eating. Personally, I think we all have to change our habits but still find that place where we can sustain these habits over the long term.

Ok..get off the pity pot and get back on the horse :)

This is all about feeling sorry for yourself. You envy someone who eats at McDonalds or eats goodies? How do you know they aren't going home and puking it up in the toilet after? I have had patients that do that! and when you look at them you'd think they were model eaters...I call them "Food Pharisees". That is unhealthy!

Maybe it's time to change the habit of eating out. It is nice to do, and many of us do, but if it's a potential mindfield then you're better off spending the money and splurging to make something really decadent at home (like an expensive cut of meat, hard to find fish, etc). Or maybe get some cool salads from Whole Foods or something and picnic. That's eating out isn't it? I just read something on Estee Lauder's heir and she is a zillionaire..and she eats at home all the time so SHE can control what she eats! She even COOKS it herself!

Brenda dear, I mean this with all due respect. What you did was not willpower. It was sabotage. It's similar to the alcoholic who says "well, one drink won't hurt me". He's right. It won't But then the whole thing of rationalization comes into play, "Well, two won't hurt" , etc.

If you care what others think, well, the only thing I can say is ask yourself, "Why do you CARE what others think? Does it really matter what they think?" You think they are going to like you less if you don't have a cheeseburger?

And here's another cold reality check..if this is to be a lifestyle, there will never be a time when you can go back to your old ways of eating. One of the other gals here said it too.

My challenge to you is to NOT eat a burger or anything at Red Robin. Eat a small meal before you go, and snack on a salad, drink a lot of water, etc. I would love to see you have the real victory of knowing you COULD say no, because that does reinforce you to want to keep on keeping on..

Sorry if this is harsh...but sometimes it's better to have people that care enough about you to tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear! We are all rooting for you! Menina

Alright, I'm not gonna cry.....I expected to be beat up over my thoughts. However, I do not regret eating on Saturday night. This has been working for me. However, eating an extra day would make me regret it. No, I didn't need 2 glasses of wine or 2 pieces of bread...I did just "want" it. I do believe, however, that it is willpower. If I was stronger I wouldn't want and desire these things so much. In my own defense, other than Saturday nights I have been the model dieter....of lifestyle change person. I measure my food, and I have even learned to accept it. I think my biggest problem now is that I don't know how to eat out......and boy am I gonna get yelled at for what I say next. But, if everyone else is eating all the goodies and I don't eat or just have a side salad I will start to cry, hate myself because I can't have what everyone else is having and I will be miserable. Yeah, I suck. I know this is totally wrong caring what others are doing. If only one other person ate like me it would make me feel better when out. Although, I do so well on Saturdays, because my DH is trying to show me up and lose a ton of weight so eats well too. Oh....yeah, that is eating well for me on a Saturday night. I used to finish off everything and eat many cream sauces. I think that in order to make it a lifestyle change I have to eat "normal" foods and be able to go out with others. I think the hardest part is that it is still in the phase when I want to lose weight and not maintain....I guess that is the reason I think its such a big deal to go to McDonalds or Red Robin. I ate completely healthy all day today. I had a cup of fiber cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk. A small piece (and I do mean small) of grilled chicken at lunch time. I had one of those sickel (spelling) pears....they are smaller than a lime...about golf ball size. For dinner I had shrimp with snow peas and mushrooms. I added garlic, lemon and lime for flavor. It was really good. I really do want to lose weight......and I am trying to do the very best I can.....and probably if I was even stricter than I am I may have lost a few more pounds. Yeah, I guess I do feel badly.....Uggghhhhh :confused:

I really do want to lose weight......and I am trying to do the very best I can.....and probably if I was even stricter than I am I may have lost a few more pounds. Yeah, I guess I do feel badly.....Uggghhhhh :confused:

Please do not allow anyone to make you feel badly. The key is to continue to make lifestyle changes (which you're already doing) and you will be successful. Some people may be able to completly cut things off immediately but for others it may be a gradual process. You're trying to do the very best you can and you're making progress so if you start to feel badly, look at the progress you've already made. Sometimes looking at the progress can help to make those lifestyle changes a little easier. That's whats working for me. I started working on making lifestyle changes about 2 months ago. I've lost 7 pounds. With that 7 pounds I've lost 9 inches (I weigh and measure every 30 days). Some people may think thats nothing but I see it as progress and that encourages me to work harder on focusing on the additional changes I need to make. It's really important for you to feel good about yourself and the changes you've already made.

And here's another cold reality check..if this is to be a lifestyle, there will never be a time when you can go back to your old ways of eating. One of the other gals here said it too.

My challenge to you is to NOT eat a burger or anything at Red Robin. Eat a small meal before you go, and snack on a salad, drink a lot of water, etc. I would love to see you have the real victory of knowing you COULD say no, because that does reinforce you to want to keep on keeping on..

I agree with the vast majority of what Menina said, but I want to comment on these two statements.

The first one couldn't be more true. I'm dealing with that now. I made a lifestyle change four years ago and lost 20 pounds. Injury preventing me from working out, work pressures, and eating on the road due to travel all led me back to my old habits, and I'm losing 22 pounds again.

I disagree with the second sentence I quoted though. This is not living. I know we associate food and socialization too much in this country, but "segregating" herself from the rest of the group by not eating at the restaurant? If eating out is part of you lifestyle, you need to learn how to make smart choices when eating out. Unfortunately, Red Robin doesn't make that easy...the salads scare me with all the cheese, high cal dressings, etc. I pointed out one choice (chicken tortilla soup and salad). Skip the appetizers (whenever eating out). Or if you prefer appetizers, skip the entree. However, the apps are usually loaded with fat and calories. Share a dessert. Get over the "well so and so is eating a burger and I want one too." The other day at lunch, my coworkers were eating burgers and fries, fried fish, tacos, etc. I was eating my salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and an apple for dessert. Everybody was saying "gee, Leslie, you're so healthy. We should follow your example." Another time I was out to eat and had one beer while my friends continued to drink. They were all commenting on my willpower (which I did not exercise with the drinks on Saturday night). Point is, people will admire you for your habits, and they will respect them. I travel a lot for business, and I'm the client, so I get taken out a lot. I've advised my vendors that I'm doing this, so I've asked that we pick restaurants where I can get something healthy. Dinners are usually not an issue - we usually go to steakhouses, but lunches are more challenging. You CAN do this, Brenda. You just have to stop caring about what others think.

Well even though I think you guys are being tough on me at times, it must have done some good. My sister wanted to take the kids to McDonalds today so they could play on the jungle gym since there was no school. Well guess what!!.......I heated up a cup of navy bean soup, put it in a travel container and took it with me!! I ate the bean soup at McDonalds...no hamburger or anything for me!! Did it bother me? Well yes, a little....who doesn't love burgers and fries...BUT....I was soooooooooo proud of myself!!! I then came home and took the little guy for a bike ride!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Great job today!

Yes we are tough, but you know, how many of us (me too) spend too much of our lives denying reality instead of facing it??

You must think I'm a nut...I don't get into hamburgers and fries too much..I don't mind them but if I want something I know I should not have, I say "Well, I have the rest of my life to eat it so I don't need to eat it today". Isn't it amazing how much of what we do and the environment revolves around FOOD!! So I guess that means we have to learn to deal with the environment we face and that means we can't give into everything we want! It seems like entertainment always revolves around food (movie/popcorn, eating out on sat. night, vending machines in waiting rooms, advertisements, etc). Maybe awareness is what can keep us from making big blow ups?

Keep up the good work Brenda, you are inspiring all of us.

Well even though I think you guys are being tough on me at times, it must have done some good. My sister wanted to take the kids to McDonalds today so they could play on the jungle gym since there was no school. Well guess what!!.......I heated up a cup of navy bean soup, put it in a travel container and took it with me!! I ate the bean soup at McDonalds...no hamburger or anything for me!! Did it bother me? Well yes, a little....who doesn't love burgers and fries...BUT....I was soooooooooo proud of myself!!! I then came home and took the little guy for a bike ride!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Archived