Big Screens

alwayssingin

Just got off the Valor on Sunday and understand that a big screen is being added up on the deck while in dry dock. What is shown on these screens? Is it the same stuff as in the cabins? Is the sound on? Who controls the remote?

Personally I have no use for a big screen on deck unless they are using it as a "drive-in" via lounge chair, showing a movie, and handing out ear buds. But whatever floats your boat! :D

Just got off the Valor on Sunday and understand that a big screen is being added up on the deck while in dry dock. What is shown on these screens? Is it the same stuff as in the cabins? Is the sound on? Who controls the remote?

Personally I have no use for a big screen on deck unless they are using it as a "drive-in" via lounge chair, showing a movie, and handing out ear buds. But whatever floats your boat! :D

They can show the Cruise Director's announcements on the big screen, any TV feed (great for sporting events) or movies. The movies are generally selected by the cruise director from a collection of DVDs...

Just replied to another post about the big screen that is being put on the Valor. Just my thoughts so don't get mad at me . . . but I so enjoy the live entertainment on the Lido deck. The music from the islands really makes me feel good . . . I'm on vacation . . . I'm going to . . . or in the Carribbean. If I want to watch TV . . . I can do that at home. Or if I want to watch the Cruise Director telling me about shore excursion or things to do or shopping places to visit . . . I can do that in my cabin. I don't need advertisements blaring at me while sitting in the sun and enjoying the water, weather and swaying of the ship. I've been on five Carnival cruises before and never had a big screen TV on the Lido Deck so maybe my fears are not founded. I just hope to goodness I don't have to watch or listen to sports, news or my cruise director telling me what to do in our next port or where to shop for jewelery!

Just replied to another post about the big screen that is being put on the Valor. Just my thoughts so don't get mad at me . . . but I so enjoy the live entertainment on the Lido deck. The music from the islands really makes me feel good . . . I'm on vacation . . . I'm going to . . . or in the Carribbean. If I want to watch TV . . . I can do that at home. Or if I want to watch the Cruise Director telling me about shore excursion or things to do or shopping places to visit . . . I can do that in my cabin. I don't need advertisements blaring at me while sitting in the sun and enjoying the water, weather and swaying of the ship. I've been on five Carnival cruises before and never had a big screen TV on the Lido Deck so maybe my fears are not founded. I just hope to goodness I don't have to watch or listen to sports, news or my cruise director telling me what to do in our next port or where to shop for jewelery!

I agree, just what we don't need another thing to add noise to the ship. There's so few quiet palces to go to. Pat

Archived