Which is the better option.

Calypso88

Hi, this is my first post and I thought I could get some input from some experienced Port Canaveral Cruisers.

Which is the better idea--

Get a hotel near the airport and use their free shuttle to the hotel and then get a seperate shuttle to the port

OR

Get a hotel near the port, get a seperate shuttle to get us there and then use the hotels free port shuttle.

Any suggestions of hotels or transportation would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

Personally, I would stay closer to the port. A cab ride from FLL airport to 17th St was 12.00. We stayed at the Grand last cruise.It was really nice to see the cruise ships from the hotel. But I'm sure it's just personal preferance.Have a great cruise!:)

Personally, I would stay closer to the port. A cab ride from FLL airport to 17th St was 12.00. We stayed at the Grand last cruise.It was really nice to see the cruise ships from the hotel. But I'm sure it's just personal preferance.Have a great cruise!:)

If I were flying in to Orlando, I would prefer staying in a hotel on famous Cocoa Beach and near the Kennedy Space Center (near Port Canaveral) instead of near the Orlando airport or in Orlando/Disney area.

I would like to spend time on the beach or visiting the Space Center — others would prefer the great attractions in the Orlando area — that’s why there are so many more tourists in Orlando! If the beach interests you, here is a link to information on all the beaches near Cocoa Beach.

The Orlando airport is about 40 miles from Port Canaveral — about 45 minutes away.

Here is a link to the Port Canaveral website which has a section on cruising. It has a good FAQ and it might help you find what is best for you. Port Canaveral FAQ on Cruising

Here is a PDF Port Cnaveral Cruise Guide.

If you do an Internet search using --- Cruises Port Canaveral Hotel Beach — you will find some hotels that are near the port and are set up for people getting ready for a cruise.

Again, I think if you have not visited the Orlando/Disney area, the most common traveler decision is to spend at least some time there before or after a cruise.

Everyone’s tastes are so different. One of the ways to use these Cruise Critic message boards is to find posts from people who talk about things that interest you — and then see what their preferences or cruising tips are. But having said that, there are plenty of exceptions, while I enjoy a book on the beach, when I want to know about excursions, I search out posts from people who are real pros and have taken them all.

I know you will have a great cruise. :)

Hi:) I think the poster is asking about Port Canaveral;)

Archived