CLQ needs Serenade 8600 Info Please

CLQ

Although we're normally aft fans, a series of circumstances led us to book 8600 on Serenade for a March sailing. We're in need especially of pictures (please!) but also info from those of you who've stayed there (or cruised with those who did). We know the balcony will be pie shaped and a little small. Question is, just how small? Did I hear that you gain maybe an extra foot inside in an odd corner, too? Show us, tell us. We appreciate any insight.

You will love the convenience of the hump. I had 8586 and when we went to our room all the door we open and we peeked in to the one next to us and the mirror image of yours 8590. The balcony was an odd shape but it was fine. I am sorry I don't have any pictures of that one. I was trying but I heard people coming and I didn't want to get caught snooping in other peoples rooms:D

Here is a photo of 8590 (mirror image of 8600). Yes, it is small, but I assume you got a better deal since this is listed as a category E3 and I believe you were originally booked in an E2? Everything I have read about these "odd" balconies sounds like the occupants are always happy with the decision regardless of the smaller balcony. I do know there are still some E2's and E1's available on your cruise if you really aren't happy with this choice. I think you and Mrs. Q will be quite happy no matter where you hang your hats! ;) Also, I noted that there is a Resident Discount for your state available. Even with the resident discount (which was NOT available for MY state), the fee is about double what I paid nearly 2 years ago, but I'm not sure when you booked or how much you paid, so take a look and see if it helps you at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33794&d=1166979886

You will love the convenience of the hump. I had 8586 and when we went to our room all the door we open and we peeked in to the one next to us and the mirror image of yours 8590. The balcony was an odd shape but it was fine. I am sorry I don't have any pictures of that one. I was trying but I heard people coming and I didn't want to get caught snooping in other peoples rooms:D

Because we do that too, Sue. We've "toured" the Royal Suite and gotten a look at the 7388 super-balcony that way. Thanks for the info.

Here is a photo of 8590 (mirror image of 8600). Yes, it is small, but I assume you got a better deal since this is listed as a category E3 and I believe you were originally booked in an E2? Everything I have read about these "odd" balconies sounds like the occupants are always happy with the decision regardless of the smaller balcony. I do know there are still some E2's and E1's available on your cruise if you really aren't happy with this choice. I think you and Mrs. Q will be quite happy no matter where you hang your hats! ;) Also, I noted that there is a Resident Discount for your state available. Even with the resident discount (which was NOT available for MY state), the fee is about double what I paid nearly 2 years ago, but I'm not sure when you booked or how much you paid, so take a look and see if it helps you at all.

I was all set to answer your question and post my picture of cabin 8590 when I saw Bonnie Voyager beat me to it and posted my picture for you. Thanks Bonnie.........The picture was our cabin on the Serenade, 8590, and our friends were in 8600. The balcony is a bit small but adequate for 2 chairs and 1 small table but not large enough for more than 2 to be out there at the same time. The cabin is the same size as all others in that category with no extra space because of the pie shaped balcony. We loved the location and would choose a hump balcony again!!!

Bonnie, looks like you're on your game as usual. Thanks for the info. Yes, when we changed dates the prices had already gone up so much that we did good to get this. Spring Break and all. I think you're right. We'll be happy. Will check out the discount. This picture is a good starting place. Looks workable.

Anybody else got pictures or info?

I was all set to answer your question and post my picture of cabin 8590 when I saw Bonnie Voyager beat me to it and posted my picture for you. Thanks Bonnie.........The picture was our cabin on the Serenade, 8590, and our friends were in 8600. The balcony is a bit small but adequate for 2 chairs and 1 small table but not large enough for more than 2 to be out there at the same time. The cabin is the same size as all others in that category with no extra space because of the pie shaped balcony. We loved the location and would choose a hump balcony again!!!

Sue, thanks for the info. I wonder if you were both able to sit out there comfortably at the same time? It sounds like it, but wanted to ask out of curiousity.

Sue, thanks for the info. I wonder if you were both able to sit out there comfortably at the same time? It sounds like it, but wanted to ask out of curiousity.

We were both able to sit on the balcony but it was...............shall I say..........cozy................especially for the person sitting on the narrower side of the pie.

We were both able to sit on the balcony but it was...............shall I say..........cozy................especially for the person sitting on the narrower side of the pie.

Sue, cozy ain't bad. We're looking at that balcony as being better than the one we didn't have on our little 4-night surprise cruise we took this summer. From your picture, it looked like you had one chair turned facing in. I'm guessing that's the way to make it work. Appreciate the insight. We're excited.

Sue, cozy ain't bad. We're looking at that balcony as being better than the one we didn't have on our little 4-night surprise cruise we took this summer. From your picture, it looked like you had one chair turned facing in. I'm guessing that's the way to make it work. Appreciate the insight. We're excited.

Have a great time...............and you're so right about any balcony being better than the one you don't have. :)

Have a great time...............and you're so right about any balcony being better than the one you don't have. :)

You don't have any other interior pictures from the cabin, do you?

No I don't have any interior pictures of the cabin. You might try doing a search on Webshots........it's amazing how many great cruise pictures are posted there.

I was hoping that idea would produce more. But, I tried a few different searches and came up empty. Hoping others will have pictures. Appreciate the help you guys have given already though.

I was hoping that idea would produce more. But, I tried a few different searches and came up empty. Hoping others will have pictures. Appreciate the help you guys have given already though.

Here's a link to some pics on Webshots of cabin 8602 on the Radiance (sister ship to the Serenade). The interior should be the same as 8600. The balcony will not be the same but the rest of the cabin pics should be. You can view it as a slide show as see alot of great pics of the ship. Hope this helps.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2270167950056845759OzxrJx

Here's a link to some pics on Webshots of cabin 8602 on the Radiance (sister ship to the Serenade). The interior should be the same as 8600. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2270167950056845759OzxrJx

Sue, thanks a lot. This slide show is the best thing I've seen yet. I feel like I've been there now. We're pretty visual, and this has us ready. Appreciate the effort.

Hi All. Bonnie, I don't know you personally, but you seem to have the answer to everyone's "balcony" questions. I am booked in balcony stateroom 7050 on the Radiance of the Seas in March. (YAY!!!! Three weeks from today, I'll be cruising!!!:D ) Anyway, I have not been successful in finding much information or pictures for this cabin. Can you give me an idea of whether or not this is a good cabin location? The balcony looks like it would be a nice sized balcony, and I know that there is a lifeboat canopy right below me. But other than that, is it a good choice, or should I book another cabin? Cabin 1588 just came available on my sailing, for a little bit more than what I paid, but I don't want to switch if it won't give me much better than what I already have booked.

Thanks.

Hi All. Bonnie, I don't know you personally, but you seem to have the answer to everyone's "balcony" questions. I am booked in balcony stateroom 7050 on the Radiance of the Seas in March. (YAY!!!! Three weeks from today, I'll be cruising!!!:D ) Anyway, I have not been successful in finding much information or pictures for this cabin. Can you give me an idea of whether or not this is a good cabin location? The balcony looks like it would be a nice sized balcony, and I know that there is a lifeboat canopy right below me. But other than that, is it a good choice, or should I book another cabin? Cabin 1588 just came available on my sailing, for a little bit more than what I paid, but I don't want to switch if it won't give me much better than what I already have booked.

Thanks.

Okay, here's what I found...

I'm guessing the photo posted below is taken from the balcony about two cabins away from your current balcony (appears to be from cabin 7546 in my estimation and the photographer is looking toward the back of the ship so your balcony would be one of the ones very close to the photographer on the right). Anyway, you can get an idea what it will be like on your balcony. It will be set back from where this photo was taken and you will look down on that white decking that covers the lifeboats. I don't see any issue with anything. Your view to your immediate left will be a tiny bit obstructed as the ship juts out a little bit right there (which is where the photo was taken from) but you will still have an awesome view that should be about 160 degrees from side to side. Looking down you will not see the water, but personally, I never usually look down anyway. I am usually sitting down on the balcony and looking OUT at the sea. ;) If you selected 1588 you would be getting a larger cabin by about 20 square feet but your balcony will be just about the same as the other cabin. Your view would be a full 180 degrees and you would probably be able to look straight down at the water. But, of course, you would be paying more money for the extra 20 degrees of panoramic view and 20 square feet of cabin. If 1588 isn't much more money it might be nice to have the extra space, but if you don't care about that then I would not switch. I wouldn't pay a whole lot to move though as I don't think what you'd be gaining has all that much value. I hope this doesn't just confuse you further! :eek:

1014291364012561804S425x425Q85.jpg

Okay, here's what I found...

I'm guessing the photo posted below is taken from the balcony about two cabins away from your current balcony (appears to be from cabin 7546 in my estimation and the photographer is looking toward the back of the ship so your balcony would be one of the ones very close to the photographer on the right). Anyway, you can get an idea what it will be like on your balcony. It will be set back from where this photo was taken and you will look down on that white decking that covers the lifeboats. I don't see any issue with anything. Your view to your immediate left will be a tiny bit obstructed as the ship juts out a little bit right there (which is where the photo was taken from) but you will still have an awesome view that should be about 160 degrees from side to side. Looking down you will not see the water, but personally, I never usually look down anyway. I am usually sitting down on the balcony and looking OUT at the sea. ;) If you selected 1588 you would be getting a larger cabin by about 20 square feet but your balcony will be just about the same as the other cabin. Your view would be a full 180 degrees and you would probably be able to look straight down at the water. But, of course, you would be paying more money for the extra 20 degrees of panoramic view and 20 square feet of cabin. If 1588 isn't much more money it might be nice to have the extra space, but if you don't care about that then I would not switch. I wouldn't pay a whole lot to move though as I don't think what you'd be gaining has all that much value. I hope this doesn't just confuse you further! :eek:

Wow! You're a quick lady! I think I'm just going to stay put. I don't think that I need more space in the stateroom, and I want the privacy of the balcony of the E3 class, as it appears that all the other balconies aren't very private.

Thanks a bunch!:p

Archived