Chi onboard???

MO Cruzin

DD won't leave home without it! But, I agree - we always make sure it has cooled down, and stick it in a drawer, cause we also aren't sure if it is allowed. In a way, it is an iron - I'm sure it gets as hot as an iron. And, truthfully, if we found out (and I researched, and couldn't find any rules about hair straighteners being "banned") they weren't allowed, dd would just have to go "au natural" for the week. :eek: (her hair, that is!)

Being a cosmetologist, I cannot live without my CHI iron. If they confiscated my CHI, I would hunt them down. Never mess with a woman and her hair/beauty products.

To answer your question.... 8 cruises so far and no one has ever said anything regarding my CHI iron being a hazard on board. Obviously, make sure you unplug it and put it on your bathroom vanity to cool down before leaving your cabin.

yea im so glad i am seeing this thread! what about in your carry ons now? i dont like to put my straightener in the checked luggage but can you put it in the carry ons anymore with new rules? thanks Kim oh and i havent had a problem on the cruise yet either, lol.

No problems with my CHI on our cruise last year. I typically let it cool down and put it away in its "pouch" (not sure if all CHI's come with these). I don't like leaving it laying out anywhere given how pricey it is.

Just be sure your CHI is not on the recall list. There have been problems with them not actually turning off even after you put the power switch to the off position. To be safe, unplug it every time.

I've taken my chi iron with me one every cruise. I would look like a frazzled mop head if I didn't have it! Anyways, we never had any problems with bringing it on board. I had it in my hand carried and checked luggage on different occassions. Just be sure to cool it down and put it away before you leave the cabin. Not only because it might get confiscated but because it's so darned expensive I'd hate to lose it!

• 2 weeks later...
yea im so glad i am seeing this thread! what about in your carry ons now? i dont like to put my straightener in the checked luggage but can you put it in the carry ons anymore with new rules? thanks Kim oh and i havent had a problem on the cruise yet either, lol.

I have an insulated CHI cover and I bury it in my checked in luggage so that the ceramic plates do not crack.

Archived