CC Member Group Cruise for Single Parents that cruise w/ their kids?

Eeyoregon

OK...since we have to choose a ship and itinerary...

As it stands right now (looking at the June 2009 schedules since 2010 is not posted yet). Here are our choices (since I do NOT want to do the western itinerary AGAIN until I've done some of the others, and since Carnival is my cruise line of choice)...

Carnival Pride out of Miami - Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, with two sea days. An older and smaller ship, but a great itinerary!

Carnival Valor out of Miami - Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, with three sea days. A larger newer ship also with a great itinerary! I will be sailing on her this year in December, but for the western itinerary.

Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral - Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, with three sea days. Same size and itinerary as the Valor, just on different weeks. I sailed on her last September and LOVED it!

Any input from all of you would be GREATLY appreciated! I would be good with any of these.

I have a pretty busy schedule and have not been on the boards in a couple of days, but I am still interested. I would prefer the Valor but any of the three that you have listed would be okay.

OK...since we have to choose a ship and itinerary...

As it stands right now (looking at the June 2009 schedules since 2010 is not posted yet). Here are our choices (since I do NOT want to do the western itinerary AGAIN until I've done some of the others, and since Carnival is my cruise line of choice)...

Carnival Pride out of Miami - Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, with two sea days. An older and smaller ship, but a great itinerary!

Carnival Valor out of Miami - Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, with three sea days. A larger newer ship also with a great itinerary! I will be sailing on her this year in December, but for the western itinerary.

Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral - Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, with three sea days. Same size and itinerary as the Valor, just on different weeks. I sailed on her last September and LOVED it!

Any input from all of you would be GREATLY appreciated! I would be good with any of these.

I agree with you that getting this posted on the main boards would generate more interest. I bet there are a lot of other single parents who are not looking for a singles cruise, but are interested in cruising with other single parents (I am in that category as well).

Thank you for that! :D

I agree with you about the Valor too. I am very excited about the movie screen on the deck...among other things!

I think if I don't get any more interest here over the weekend, I'll go ahead and let the majority (which is me and you so far...LOL) rule, and go ahead and post on the main board on Sunday evening.

Thanks for your input!!!

Hi I am a single mom and have only cruised with my son(13) and daughter( she is 19 now and belongs to the USAF), all my cruise plans are sailing with just he and I. I would definately be interested in participating a single parent group cruise.....I think it would be great !!!!!!!

Thanks

Shirley

Hi I am a single mom and have only cruised with my son(13) and daughter( she is 19 now and belongs to the USAF), all my cruise plans are sailing with just he and I. I would definately be interested in participating a single parent group cruise.....I think it would be great !!!!!!!

Thanks

Shirley

Hi Shirley!!! Welcome aboard!:)

Does mid-June 2010 work for you (planned at this time so it's after school gets out)...and do you have a preference as to the ships listed above? :p

Hi Shirley!!! Welcome aboard!:)

Does mid-June 2010 work for you (planned at this time so it's after school gets out)...and do you have a preference as to the ships listed above? :p

June '10 would be great since I only have through feb '09 planned....LOL... I personally like the itineraries with Nassau...we just got back from a cruise there 2 weeks ago and it is a great place to take kids. they have alot of family geared shore trips and if you just want to spend the day at the beach there are plenty GREAT beach areas!We missed out on the Stingray swim there becuase of rough swells ...it would be great to take my son back and get to swim with the stingrays!

Thanks

Shirley

Looking at them I would have to say sailing out of Port Canaveral too......what do you think???......The Raddisson there has a great pre-cruise package, I couldn't keep my son out of their pool ! Anyway ....I am open really to anything.....count me definately in no matter what !'

Shirley

Very cool! I will add you to the list.

I, myself, am partial to the Valor (out of Miami) at this point, only because I LOVE the idea of the movie screen on the deck for at night! LOL However, I am preferable to Port Canaveral over Miami for sailing out of and I did love the Glory, which now has the mini-golf. So, I'm torn between those two.

I also like the Nassau option for either the Glory or the Valor, and I also like the third sea day that we would get on those two itineraries over the itinerary on the Pride.

Maybe we should ask the kids what they think! :D

Very cool! I will add you to the list.

I, myself, am partial to the Valor (out of Miami) at this point, only because I LOVE the idea of the movie screen on the deck for at night! LOL However, I am preferable to Port Canaveral over Miami for sailing out of and I did love the Glory, which now has the mini-golf. So, I'm torn between those two.

I also like the Nassau option for either the Glory or the Valor, and I also like the third sea day that we would get on those two itineraries over the itinerary on the Pride.

Maybe we should ask the kids what they think! :D

Valor would be my first choice also, (my daugher would love the movie screen), but Glory would be great, as well. The ships seem to be very similar. I have never cruised out of port canaveral, but I do love the area. I am okay with either of these two choices.

Valor would be my first choice also, (my daugher would love the movie screen), but Glory would be great, as well. The ships seem to be very similar. I have never cruised out of port canaveral, but I do love the area. I am okay with either of these two choices.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know flights are cheaper for me to Orlando with a shuttle than to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

You are right...the ships are VERY similar. They are the same size and the layout is the same. I think the only difference is the decor! :D

Hello...my son wants to go back to Canaveral......but whatever is fine. He spent alot of time last night comparing the ships on Carnival's website, he likes the movie screen but would rather go back to Canaveral.

Take care!

Shirley

I don't know about anyone else, but I know flights are cheaper for me to Orlando with a shuttle than to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

You are right...the ships are VERY similar. They are the same size and the layout is the same. I think the only difference is the decor! :D

It sounds like we are going with the Glory out of Port Canaveral :o

It sounds that way!!! :D

Honestly...I don't care either way, because both ships are great, in my opinion. If we give up the movie screen, we gain the mini-golf. :p

So...Glory out of Port Canaveral, in mid-June of 2010! We won't know an exact date until they finally post them, but as soon as you guys answer one more question for me...I'll go ahead and post it on the main Carnival board. The question is:

Do we restrict it to ONLY single parents with kids, or do we open it up to whoever wants to go, but FOCUS on single parents with kids?

It sounds that way!!! :D

Honestly...I don't care either way, because both ships are great, in my opinion. If we give up the movie screen, we gain the mini-golf. :p

So...Glory out of Port Canaveral, in mid-June of 2010! We won't know an exact date until they finally post them, but as soon as you guys answer one more question for me...I'll go ahead and post it on the main Carnival board. The question is:

Do we restrict it to ONLY single parents with kids, or do we open it up to whoever wants to go, but FOCUS on single parents with kids?

That is a good question. I have a few family members/friends who may be interested in this cruise, but who are not single parents. I would say focus on single parents but open it up to others.

That is a good question. I have a few family members/friends who may be interested in this cruise, but who are not single parents. I would say focus on single parents but open it up to others.

Holy COW...you just read my mind! I was just thinking of posting exactly the same thing!

I have some family members who aren't able to go on my group this fall, but said to definitely keep them posted when I do my next one. And this will give them plenty of time to save. And, some of them are not single parents either.

What if we call it a "single parents and friends" cruise?

Holy COW...you just read my mind! I was just thinking of posting exactly the same thing!

I have some family members who aren't able to go on my group this fall, but said to definitely keep them posted when I do my next one. And this will give them plenty of time to save. And, some of them are not single parents either.

What if we call it a "single parents and friends" cruise?

Sounds good

I will work on getting that posted on the main board then...and once I do...I will come back here and post a link! :) I doubt if I'll get it done before I leave today, so it may be tomorrow morning....but, have no fear...I will get it done ASAP!

I just posted a new thread on the main Carnival board. Make sure you all go over there and post too, and help me keep it on the front page! Promote promote promote! That's the first thing I learned about being a group leader. :D

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14064106#post14064106

WOO HOO!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm thrilled to find interest in this. I have never cruised before and want to take one with my son this summer to Alaska. Planning last minute (long story...)

Could use advice on end of June/mid July... :) Lkg to do shorter trip, maybe small inlets w/wildlife and small town visits.

Thanks!

Laura :confused:

... I have never cruised before and want to take one with my son this summer to Alaska... Could use advice on end of June/mid July... Lkg to do shorter trip, maybe small inlets w/wildlife and small town visits...

You might want to check out the following forums:

Ask a Cruise Question Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Family Cruising Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

First Time Cruisers Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Ports of Call - Alaska Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

I hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I am way in on this!!! I have cruised 2x's with my daughter and I would love a single parents cruise!!! P.S. My mom is a single parent also...does that count??

Hi there! And welcome aboard...we have a thread started...I'll head over there and see if you've found it yet...and if not, I'll come back here and post the link. OH...and yes...your mom is MORE than welcome to join us as well!!!:)

Archived