Baymont Inn and Suites?

Shortone

We stayed there once, and we will again in 4 weeks. It is just off of the Seawall Blvd. Once you cross the causeway from the mainland, take a right on 61st street, follow 61st to Seawall Blvd, and take a right, it is about one or two blocks on the right, look closely for it as the turnoff is not real evident, we had to go around the block once. It sits behind some other motels. I believe they still allow cruise parking, but I would suggest you call them for sure. Taxis to/from the pier are available, although it is sometimes hard to get a taxi from the pier back to the hotel after your cruise.

Rooms were very large, clean and quiet. Continental breakfast was minimal but adequate. Other restaurants are nearby. We are staying two nights pre-cruise in March.

Hypo

Thanks!! we may have the same travel agent. We work in Russellville. Thank you again for the info. It will help a lot. Have you ever parked at the pier? How much is the parking fee? This is our second cruise. We are still new at this.

...How much is the parking fee? ...

Howdy Shortone! 50.gif

The rates are on the websites.

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Cruise Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

Port of Galveston Cruise Parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

Hoping this information will be helpful and wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks!! we may have the same travel agent. We work in Russellville. Thank you again for the info. It will help a lot. Have you ever parked at the pier? How much is the parking fee? This is our second cruise. We are still new at this.

I am my own travel agent, now. Used to use ***** **** ******, but there are no "perks" for using them. We just now book from the internet/or direct with cruiseline, airlines, and hotels.

This will be our first time parking at the pier, I opted for the Port of galveston parking, as it should be the closest to the pier. When we get off, I will probably walk to the car, rather than wait for a shuttle to the parking lots. We used to use two one way car rentals from Enterprise, but they are now closed on Sundays, and they will charge you for an extra day usage until Monday when they open. Plus they are charging a $40.00 drop off fee. We looked into renting from Hertz, but with all of the extra charges, taxi from the car rental place to the pier, taxi back to the car rental office, etc., it was cheaper to rent from Alamo and just park it for the week. First time actually doing this, will see how it pans out. We are paying $65.00 for the week of parking, (pre paid on line). Others recommend EZ Cruise parking, but their lot is across Harborside drive and would be a pretty good walk, especially if you are lugging your luggage. They have shuttles both directions, but I have read reports that it is sometimes difficult to get on one when your cruise returns, too many people going to their lot. Thier prices are $5.00 cheaper than Port of Galveston.

Hypo

Hypo...actually, the Port of Galveston has built a little shuttle "stand." When I was there a couple of weeks ago there were approximately 4 shuttles parked there. You should be able to get your shuttle to the parking lot quickly and I think it will be much faster than walking to your car. It was very fast! They are working on organizing better at the Port of Galveston. We always park at the Port of Galveston but decided this time to try EZ Cruise. I made reservations online and it's just $50 for the week so the savings was worth trying! - CB

Also...bear in mind that there will be two ships and around 6,000 people coming in at approximately the same time vs. us coming in on the Ecstasy. So, things may not be as easy as they were for us. Of course, we were so late getting in that people were lined up outside trying to get on the ship and we didn't get off until Noon....didn't pull into port until 9:30 a.m. But, we were in a restaurant down by the pier ordering lunch at 12:50. So, not too shabby for going through customs, catching the shuttle, getting our car loaded...you know the routine! We'll see how things work out!

Archived