What to do in st Kitts?

Livonians

Help! only 10 days until our cruise and still nothing to do in st. kitts, we will be on the emerald princess. i need something fun and inexpensive for a family of 4 (somewhere under 400 please) for Antigua we are horseback riding, my dad assigned everyone a port and told us to find something to do, my sister has antigua so i need to top horseback riding. sugggestions? (by the way i already looked into the train ride) Thanks!

Abbey

When you get off the ship at the Port Zante dock

just walk to the very first bldg. you'll come to

and do like we did and book a half-day tour

to either

Brimstone Hill Fortress -$20 per person

http://www.brimstonehillfortress.org/

-and my pics at

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/OCEAN%20VILLAGE%20Two%20-%20Jan%2008/BRIMSTONE%20HILL%20-%20St%20Kitts/

-or to the more touristy/beachy side of the island for $25 per person

Either way, you'll get to see enough of the island

to get a feel for what it's like, without spending a fortune!

There are taxi drivers aplenty just beyond that first bldg.

so there's no shortage of local transportation.

Sometimes it's nice to go ashore without having everything planned to a T.

Just wing it.

--------------------------

My St.Kitts (general) pics at..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/OCEAN%20VILLAGE%20Two%20-%20Jan%2008/St%20KITTS/

You'll find many friendly taxis right off the ship. We selected one and ended up with a group of about 10 from our ship in a nice van. We toured the whole island from the Caribbean to the Atlantic side and stopped whenever we wanted. We could have spent the afternoon at the beach if we wanted but we didn't. We had a terrific time. Visited the batik factory and ithe whole tour was only 20$ a piece. My 12 year old even went free. The only thing is the roads are windy, if anyone in your group gets car sick they must take a dramamine!

You'll find many friendly taxis right off the ship. We selected one and ended up with a group of about 10 from our ship in a nice van. We toured the whole island from the Caribbean to the Atlantic side and stopped whenever we wanted. We could have spent the afternoon at the beach if we wanted but we didn't. We had a terrific time. Visited the batik factory and ithe whole tour was only 20$ a piece. My 12 year old even went free. The only thing is the roads are windy, if anyone in your group gets car sick they must take a dramamine!

Thanks for the info! I guess it's like other ports were I visit with local drivers offering tours. I find that the local tours offer more than the ship tours. I'm visiting in October and can't wait

• 1 month later...

Here's a clip from my Destiny review from the 02/24 sailing. We loved St. Kitts!

"St. Kitts was by far our favorite island, and we hope to return there someday for a longer stay. I could have spent hours at the Batik factory alone, and hope to someday :D The Brimstone Fortress was impressive, but those roads. Don’t look down! ...The drive down the peninsula (to Cockleshell Beach) was breathtaking seeing both the Atlantic and the Caribbean from that narrow stretch. It was a little disarming seeing the monkeys in the wild - very shy, and larger than I'd expected. :eek:

Vincent Joseph drove for us and and we thoroughly enjoyed his company. If we’re able to return to St. Kitt’s someday, we’ll contact him. Until then, we'll have fond memories. He has a clear love for his country, and a respect for his island’s native history, and he’s a great storyteller. Here’s how to reach Vincent, or VJ’s Taxi Service 869-465-4121 Vincentjoseph67@hotmail.com"

Archived