Requesting Tables for Dinner

fundayz

On anytime dining you are not assigned a table. You will just show up each night in the dining room you prefer ( if there are 2 for anytime) at what time you prefer and then you will let them know that you would like a table for 2. You may or may not get a window depending on what is available on any certain night. Many times they put the larger tables near the windows.

We love anytime dining!:)

I haven't tried this yet, but will on our upcoming cruise, but I have read on these boards that if you are doing anytime dining, you can request the same table at the same time each night and receive it, just talk to the Maitr'd the first night. However, this might only apply if you are willing to eat either fairly early (before 6:30am maybe) or later (after 9pm maybe). Perhaps someone who has actually done this can elaborate.

Mike

We have done that several times in the past. We normally travelled with children, so we ate early every night (otherwise they would fall asleep at the table). On the first night we arranged to have the same time and table for the duration of the cruise.

I haven't tried this yet, but will on our upcoming cruise, but I have read on these boards that if you are doing anytime dining, you can request the same table at the same time each night and receive it, just talk to the Maitr'd the first night.

Mike

However, this might only apply if you are willing to eat either fairly early (before 6:30am maybe) or later (after 9pm maybe). Perhaps someone who has actually done this can elaborate.

Mike

We normally ask for a table for 2 and get it for 8PM. If you want a table for 2 by the window, YES, this is the way to go. Your chance of getting a table for 2 by the window is much greater than the ole way of Traditional.

Happy Cruising!

we were on the grand in jan. Two nights we sat at a large table, the rest of the nights, at a table for two.....never had to wait, went at a different time each night. Remember, they usually close the curtains or its dark. I noticed that the table for two's seems to all be away from the windows..

Hi, We have been pretty lucky on tables for 2 on cruises, but we tend to book about 18 months in advance!

On anytime dining, we had no hassle with this at all. Just go and see the maitre d' when you get on board and metion that it's your honeymoon.

It is dark and there is rarely anything to see in the evenings, but it can be nice if you get a window table in the morning and at night. But for your honeymoon, I think breakfast on the balcony if you have one is great!

I haven't tried this yet, but will on our upcoming cruise, but I have read on these boards that if you are doing anytime dining, you can request the same table at the same time each night and receive it, just talk to the Maitr'd the first night. However, this might only apply if you are willing to eat either fairly early (before 6:30am maybe) or later (after 9pm maybe). Perhaps someone who has actually done this can elaborate.
You can't make a reservation for between 6:00 - 8:00PM -- those two hours are walk-up times. Also, some ships allow you to make a reservation for the week; on others, you have to call every day. As the others have said, check in with the Maitre D' when you board.

If you see the maitre 'd on the first day of the cruise and explain what you would like as a honeymoon couple he will assure it.

The maitre 'd or his representative is always available on the afternoon of sailing to arbitrate seating problems for traditional and anytime dining.

You can check by phone or check with the accomodations desk for the time and place of his availability.

If you see the maitre 'd on the first day of the cruise and explain what you would like as a honeymoon couple he will assure it.

The maitre 'd or his representative is always available on the afternoon of sailing to arbitrate seating problems for traditional and anytime dining.

You can check by phone or check with the accomodations desk for the time and place of his availability.

We did this on our last cruise, tipped the maitre 'd on the first night and he set us up at a nice quiet table for 2 for the week.

Hi RSWBADGER and all other posters,

Thank you for your tips. I will be on my honeymoon on Tahitian Princess in April and we would like a table for two at least some of the nights.

You suggested tipping the maitre'd in the first evening and when I've read some of the other forums, tipping has been suggested quite often as a way of ensuring or requesting additional services. It sounds like it works, but... how exactly do I do that? It may sound like a ridiculous question but I'm from Australia and we do not traditionally tip for service in this way. I don't want to make an idiot of myself so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi RSWBADGER and all other posters,

Thank you for your tips. I will be on my honeymoon on Tahitian Princess in April and we would like a table for two at least some of the nights.

You suggested tipping the maitre'd in the first evening and when I've read some of the other forums, tipping has been suggested quite often as a way of ensuring or requesting additional services. It sounds like it works, but... how exactly do I do that? It may sound like a ridiculous question but I'm from Australia and we do not traditionally tip for service in this way. I don't want to make an idiot of myself so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We tipped a modest amount of $20.00, the maitre 'd was gratefull.

Thanks RSWBADGER, $20.00 sounds very reasonable. How do I go about giving it to him and making my request? It's basic stuff to people from Europe and the US, but quite foreign to most Australians, and as I said, I don't want to make a fool of myself. :o

Archived