Breakfast

Gogetters17

Besides the famous waffles and bagels, what can you get in the way of a healthy breakfast on the Millie? Do they have a selection of fresh fruit juices, fresh veggie juices and ordinary fresh fruit?

Our first cruise ever and I can't find an example of breakfast.

Besides the famous waffles and bagels, what can you get in the way of a healthy breakfast on the Millie? Do they have a selection of fresh fruit juices, fresh veggie juices and ordinary fresh fruit?

Our first cruise ever and I can't find an example of breakfast.

The main dining room and room service menus have a full complement of standard fruit and vegetable juices (orange, V8, etc.) I would draw the line at calling them fresh. The buffet area will have a fruit juice or two in its dispensers.

Both the buffet and main dining room have some healthier breakfast selections; such as cut fresh fruit, citrus, berries and melon; oatmeal and yogurt.

We were on the Millie during the week of January 20 and were happy with the quality of the fresh fruit considering the time of year. Oranges, grapefruit and pineapple were particularly good.

There is a small spa buffet area that specializes in healthy food. I do not know their choices at breakfast.

If you do some searching on threads within the last two weeks on menus, you should find a link to photos of the various menus.

Les

You can most anything you'd eat at home... room service, the cafe or the dining room. My usual b'fast on a cruise consists of (depending on what I feel like) a combination of hot hard boiled eggs, plain nonfat yogurt, berries, bananas, oranges, grapefruit, oatmeal, All Bran and, of course, coffee. :)

Lunches can be healthier, too... tell him to look for salad makings in "odd" places. Go to the sandwich section for sliced meats. Go to the taco/Mex section for salsa, black olives and beans. Go to the poolside grill for dill pickles! Check out the soup. Once in a while it will be a clear broth and not a creamy soup.

I know someone (or two) will want to say to this, "It's a Cruise! EAT!! Diet later!". But if your dh is like me, that's really not an option... for many reasons. So rest assured, there ARE good healthy choices for all meals on a cruise.

Oh Texed - of course they're healthy (ha ha!!) I will look for them but my DH said he just cannot afford to have them himself. Thanks for the suggestions MEcrusz - it sounds like one can be healthy on a cruise if one has to be!!!

As for me - I'll just eat!

On our grandkids first cruise my grandson went to the buffet and came back to the table and told his sister "Samantha they have chicken soup", her favorite, she said, "David "they have everything". This was the boarding lunch. That said, they do have everything on the breakfast buffet too.

You mean to tell me waffles aren't healthy? :eek:

Just returned from my 1:00pm waffleology 101 class and was told that alone, the waffle is healthy. It is also healthy if one wispers the names, such as orange butter, whipped cream, strawberries, etc., over the waffle. To combine all on the same plate would enter the realm of questionable good dietary behavior. Whenever I get to that point, I generally quote Chief Justice Black (circa late 1960's) "one man's vulgarity is another's lyric". This may not make sense to some but it sure lets me enjoy my waffle.:D

Gogetters17........You must try the waffle and report it's reputation to DH.;)

Barry

Archived