Filling in tags at the pier?

adamsmom

I just got my edocs for our Voyager cruise March 23, and they tell me that I am to use the information provided and fill out luggage tags at the pier. Is there some way I can do this beforehand? Or do some pre-filled labels maybe? Does anyone have any idea of the dimensions of the tags? I have too much to worry about with kids and stuff to stand there filling out luggage tags. Any suggestions?

This last trip I cut-and-pasted the tag from the edocs to a Word document, added my name and cabin # using a text box, replicated the tag to make 6 tags, and printed it on a color printer. I then laminated the tags, cut them apart, and attached to the luggage using plastic wire ties. Previously, the porter would give us blank tags at the terminal and we would fill out the info and attach them to the luggage.

Art

This last trip I cut-and-pasted the tag from the edocs to a Word document, added my name and cabin # using a text box, replicated the tag to make 6 tags, and printed it on a color printer. I then laminated the tags, cut them apart, and attached to the luggage using plastic wire ties. Previously, the porter would give us blank tags at the terminal and we would fill out the info and attach them to the luggage.

Art

That´s what I do as well.

Another option is to print Name and Cabin Number on sticking labels and at the pier just stick those labels to the luggage tags provided.

It will only take a second to write your cabin # on the tag---that's all you need to do!

Yeah, well, I guess I'm a little more anal retentive than that. I remembered that our last RCI cruise had tags printed on paper that we folded and stapled around the handles. So I replicated my own tags like this and printed them out to take along and staple on before we leave the hotel.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Yeah, well, I guess I'm a little more anal retentive than that. I remembered that our last RCI cruise had tags printed on paper that we folded and stapled around the handles. So I replicated my own tags like this and printed them out to take along and staple on before we leave the hotel.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Are you positive that was a RCI cruise you had those tags for or did you modify the one in eDocs to do that. I did four RC cruises last year, including one in Sept. and didn't see anything like that. I know if you print the eDocs one, as is, it is pretty small at 1 3/4 by 4 3/4 inches.

I seen Princess edocs that had a separate luggage tag page that you could print out on a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper to make a good size luggage tag similar to the size you get from RC at the dock. It had instruction on how to fold at the lines printed on it and you used a regular paper stapler to attach it around your luggage handle. It would be nice if RC did this instead of having the other (ours had RC Online) information on the other half side of that page.

I just e-mailed RCI that i would like to get paper documents for my 2-25 cruise that i booked thru a on line travel agent and they sent out a copy right away. I recd them today. It is always more exciting to recieve in mail and the luggage tags were in the package.

hope this helps.

Great idea Wrona!!!

###

Look at the tags that are provided by the cruiseline if you don't have edocs, they do not have your address on them, only your name and cabin number. The luggage tags you already have on your bag has your name and address or phone number already. The porters and people who deliver your bags don't need this info on the cruise ship tags.

Are you positive that was a RCI cruise you had those tags for or did you modify the one in eDocs to do that. I did four RC cruises last year, including one in Sept. and didn't see anything like that. I know if you print the eDocs one, as is, it is pretty small at 1 3/4 by 4 3/4 inches.

I seen Princess edocs that had a separate luggage tag page that you could print out on a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper to make a good size luggage tag similar to the size you get from RC at the dock. It had instruction on how to fold at the lines printed on it and you used a regular paper stapler to attach it around your luggage handle. It would be nice if RC did this instead of having the other (ours had RC Online) information on the other half side of that page.

Yes--it was the Majesty that we did in September. They were like the ones you describe. We've also gotten ones like this for Norwegian. I made up my own like these on paper, and it only took a few minutes. Saves me some time and gives me some piece of mind.

Art

We did the laminate thing from edocs last time too and used the plastic cable ties. BUT somehow they actually managed to tear off one of the tags (and not the cable tie ?). So this time we are going to the laminate/cable tie AND have them attach the ones at the pier as well. HOPEFULLY that way BOTH pieces of luggage will make it to the room without us hunting it down.

Erika

Yes--it was the Majesty that we did in September. They were like the ones you describe. We've also gotten ones like this for Norwegian. I made up my own like these on paper, and it only took a few minutes. Saves me some time and gives me some piece of mind.

Well maybe RC is reading CC and accepting some of the great ideas posted here. Have not fully paid for our May Radiance Hawaii cruise so don't have those eDocs yet.

Maybe this is what we will get this time.

• 3 months later...

Art

How did you copy and paste? Mine are in a PDF doc and it won't let me cut or copy. Thanks

Archived