Costa Community Appreciation Discount no longer exists.

JoshGrrrr

I read on these forums about the teacher's discount that Costa offers. Supposedly you had to go through ***** to get the discount. People were posting that they called Costa directly and got the discount.

I called a Costa TA and was told that I would have to speak to someone in sales to get the teacher discount. I called someone in sales and they said that there is a discount, but I would have to go through ***** to get it.

I then called ***** and was told that Costa doesn't offer the discount. I told the TA form ***** that I had just got off the phone with Costa and they said that they did offer the discount. The TA got smart and said "I've been doing this for 4 years, Holland is the only line that offers a community appreciation discount". I can't believe she would say that. ***** advertised the Costa teacher's discount on their website just a week ago.

So, I guess I can't get the teacher discount. I'm fine with that. I just wish everyone would get their information straight about it. Everyone just tells me to call someone else. Costa is still my favorite line, but the people I've talked to today were pretty rude. The person from ***** was extremely rude. I will definately be avoiding them.

As a RN I could never understand the teacher discount anyway. Teachers get a lot more vacation days than any other job out there so I could never understand that perk. I can see it for military since they are not as well paid and have a job most people dont want:eek:

I am sure the teacher discount has less to do with how "hard" a job is vs a nurse's job, and more to do with the fact that teachers do go away on their frequent breaks (myself included), and they used it as a marketing tool to encourage bookings!

I think any job that works with a high needs clientele, (like children, sick people...and hey, come to think of it... any people at all!!!) need a vacation!!

I am sure the teacher discount has less to do with how "hard" a job is vs a nurse's job, and more to do with the fact that teachers do go away on their frequent breaks (myself included), and they used it as a marketing tool to encourage bookings!

I think any job that works with a high needs clientele, (like children, sick people...and hey, come to think of it... any people at all!!!) need a vacation!!

Yeah, Im all for that:D

I think the reasoning behind the teachers discount is because teachers are often seen as under paid. RN's are the exact opposite ;)

Teachers get the same discount as firefighters, police, etc. I don't think anyone should get a discount personally. It's the job they chose. They knew what it paid when they signed up. But, if it's there I'm going to take advantage of it.

Ok, ok, while I do not qualify for Military or Teacher's discounts, and while I WISH there was a "single parents who have to pay full fare for their non-appreciative minor child" fare for cruising... allow to me say that there IS INDEED still a Teacher's discount on Costa. There are group of teachers sailing on the Fortuna, I believe, in March who all got recently bumped from their Balcony cabin (which they purchased on a teacher's discount) to a Suite (during a "Suite Deal").

The rep at VTG didn't know what he/she was talking about. Call back and get someone else.

Now for that over-worked, under-paid, single parent discount... hello? anyone? :cool:

I called back after making this thread. This time I talked to a different person at VTG. He said that Costa does still offer the discount but it only applies to certain sailings and that there weren't any at the moment. I was asking about the Fortuna sailing on the 23rd.

Could you get me the name of your friends TA?

I called back after making this thread. This time I talked to a different person at VTG. He said that Costa does still offer the discount but it only applies to certain sailings and that there weren't any at the moment. I was asking about the Fortuna sailing on the 23rd.

Could you get me the name of your friends TA?

A lot of the promotions (even discounted military rates) are quantity controlled for some sailings and are not available on all sailings. Perhaps you are asking about a sailing that has already filled the quota for discounted cabins

PS nurses might make more than teachers, but they work a lot more shifts for that wage - dont necessarily get stat holidays off, 2 wks at christmas, easter break, summer break...

Ok, ok, while I do not qualify for Military or Teacher's discounts, and while I WISH there was a "single parents who have to pay full fare for their non-appreciative minor child" fare for cruising... allow to me say that there IS INDEED still a Teacher's discount on Costa. There are group of teachers sailing on the Fortuna, I believe, in March who all got recently bumped from their Balcony cabin (which they purchased on a teacher's discount) to a Suite (during a "Suite Deal").

The rep at VTG didn't know what he/she was talking about. Call back and get someone else.

Now for that over-worked, under-paid, single parent discount... hello? anyone? :cool:

Yeah, you of all people should get the discount for sure:D

A lot of the promotions (even discounted military rates) are quantity controlled for some sailings and are not available on all sailings. Perhaps you are asking about a sailing that has already filled the quota for discounted cabins

PS nurses might make more than teachers, but they work a lot more shifts for that wage - dont necessarily get stat holidays off, 2 wks at christmas, easter break, summer break...

There are a lot of nurses in my family. Nurses definately get paid more than most teachers, even if you figure it on an hourly basis. I personally know some nurses who are making close to 70k a year after only 3 years at a community college to get their RN.

VTG said that there are no cruises available right now with the discount available.

I agree with you a 100% being a single parent myself working to support myself and child is not easy. They should have more cruises for single parents that include relaxing time but activitys with the kids. and a cheaper rate for at least the kids.... but thats just me

Archived