Help Please Miami Pier to Fort Lauderdale Airport

cozzello

Air Tran just changed our flight from Miami to 10:00 am so we are now getting a flight home through Fort Lauderdale. I have no idea how far apart these two cities are or the best means of transportation from the Miami pier to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The agent really rushed me as she said that there were only a few seats left on this flight and if I wanted it I had to book them now.

Thanks for your assistance, I know someone out here will have good information.

Cheryl

Air Tran just changed our flight from Miami to 10:00 am so we are now getting a flight home through Fort Lauderdale. I have no idea how far apart these two cities are or the best means of transportation from the Miami pier to the Fort Lauderdale airport. The agent really rushed me as she said that there were only a few seats left on this flight and if I wanted it I had to book them now.

Thanks for your assistance, I know someone out here will have good information.

Cheryl

Your best source for this info is on the Florida Departure board. There's a wealth of information on there :) I hope this link works

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 :)

transportation from the Miami pier to the Fort Lauderdale airport. Cheryl

I used GO Shuttle (formerly Tri-County Airport Express) from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the Miami pier but they may provide service from the pier to the airport as well. I used their shared service and the cost was $18. I was extremely pleased with the service and I would used them again. I don't have a link to the website but they should be pretty easy to find using google.

Here's the site for the new GO. I've used them when they were Tri-County. No problems. We ordered a limo that was waiting for us when we debarked in Miami and drove us to FLL. Miami is about 45 minutes from FLL. But IMO 10am will be pushing it for a flight departure, especially since its out of FLL.

GO shutlte will not to shared ride pick-ups at the Port of Miami ... only private cars ... just FYI. We took GO from FLL to POM for $18/pp, and when we got to the port, they stopped the shuttle long enough for a person to get on and give us stickers for another company that offered shared ride back to FLL. Sorry ... don't remember the company or have the number. I had booked a shared return through SuperShuttle (prepaid, phone only) for $31/pp to FLL.

GO shutlte will not to shared ride pick-ups at the Port of Miami ... only private cars ... just FYI. I had booked a shared return through SuperShuttle (prepaid, phone only) for $31/pp to FLL.

Thanks for sharing this info. I used SuperShuttle from/to MIA a couple of times but its good to know I can also use them to FLL since GO shuttle doesn't provide the shared ride back to the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

When using GO transportation to FLL, what time do you give them to pick you up at the pier? There is no way of telling how long it will take to disembark. We did this once at Port Canaveral, and the driver was very upset with us because we were late getting off the ship, as it messed up his schedule. Please advise....:confused:

We just returned yesterday from our cruise out of Miami.

Our flight was out of FLL at 11:50. We ended up taking a taxi for $70.

There were 4 of us so that price wasn't bad at all.

There were plenty of taxis available when we got off the ship. The traffic was not bad at all, it ended up being about a 40 minute trip.

We were at the airport 3 hours early.

good luck with whatever you choose.

• 3 weeks later...

We will be disembarking in Miami on monday, nov. 17. We are flying out of FLL. Air Tran changed our nonstop flight from FLL to PIT from 3:18PM to 11:12AM. Do you thank we can make this flight? There will be 8 of us. If it was only DH and myself, I would not be concerned, and take it. But, with there being 8 of us, not sure if everyone can do self disembark (carry off our luggage, if they offer it on the RCCL Jewel), and make it to FLL from the Port of Miami. I was going to check with http://www.floridalimo.com to see what they say. Any other recomended huttles? We could take a taxi. TIA!

Archived