No Venice departures past 2008?

Cruisin Suzi

I've just started researching for a Med cruise and would love to leave from Venice, but nothing is available past fall of this year. How far out does HAL post their itineraries? I was also hoping to go on the Westerdam again, but it looks like it's not cruising the Med next year?

I've just started researching for a Med cruise and would love to leave from Venice, but nothing is available past fall of this year. How far out does HAL post their itineraries? I was also hoping to go on the Westerdam again, but it looks like it's not cruising the Med next year?
The Oosterdam will be getting its "aft lift" in the shipyard near Venice in April of 2009, so there will be at least one cruise leaving there at the end of April. CLICK HERE for a calendar that shows that the Noordam, Oosterdam, and Rotterdam will be in Europe through October 2009, while the Eurodam will be there until mid-August. Also, it shows that the Maasdam will be there for the month of August only.

The Oosterdam will be getting its "aft lift" in the shipyard near Venice in April of 2009, so there will be at least one cruise leaving there at the end of April.

The Vista class changes are being done in Palermo, Sicily. The repair yard there is owned by Fincantieri who also own the building dock at Maghera near Venice where they were originally built.

Of course this does not effect where she will sail from afterwards. The Zuiderdam is sailing from Venice and Civitavecchia after her refit this year.

The Vista class changes are being done in Palermo, Sicily. The repair yard there is owned by Fincantieri who also own the building dock at Maghera near Venice where they were originally built.

Oh? Wasn't the Westerdam done in the near-Venice one? I thought they'd all be done there. :confused:

Venice is an exceptionally WONDERFUL city to visit and I would suggest allowing for 2/3 days. IF you are flying in from USA you'll have time to reinvent yourself/rest. WALKING around this amazing city is very easy-You DO get lost easily but you always find yourself [eventually] where you can walk BACK to where you want to be. When we admitted to the HAL rep. that we had gotten "lost" 3 times- she laughed and said "But THAT'S the BEST way to see Venice!!!" I wish we HAD a cruise out of Venice in our future because this amazing CITY is a total adventure!

Anne

Actually, the Zuiderdam will be sailing from Venice and Barcelona this year. I only know this because I am lucky enough to be on one of the cruises :D

Sorry my mistake! I saw Civitavecchia on the schedule and assumed it was the home port. Enjoy your cruise!

On cruisecal it appears that some of the calls in Venice and Barcelona are double overnights. Are these to allow the guests leaving an overnight in the port as well as the guest joining?

Oh? Wasn't the Westerdam done in the near-Venice one? I thought they'd all be done there. :confused:

Westerdam was done in the Palermo yard. Fincantieri appear to be promoting this as their repair yard and are trying to get into the cruise ship repair market as well as the building. Apart from that I think the ship building yards are all full of Carnival Corp new builds!

Archived