1 Night Pre-Cruise Hotel in Tampa

akfan

I had trouble getting anything great on Priceline, as well. Are you cruising during spring break? That's what I'm attributing to my lack of success. I ended up bidding $115 for a 4* and getting the Intercontinental Tampa, so the final price was ~$130. It's only a savings of about $50, but it's something. I felt the $15 extra would be a good upgrade of a La Quinta or other type of motor lodge.

When you get this offer, that means you are getting close to the winning price. I'll bet that had you upped the bid by $9-10 you would have gotten a hotel.

I've sometimes upped the bid only $2-5 and won the bid, as well. If you have free re-bids left, this is usually a good opportunity to use them.

I am traveling on May 17th, So did not think it would be to much of a problem. Oh well, will keep trying.

You may get some better pricing the closer you get to the dates you need. What you might do is make a reservation that has a no-fee cancellation policy and just keep bidding at the price you want to pay.

I've sometimes upped the bid only $2-5 and won the bid, as well. If you have free re-bids left, this is usually a good opportunity to use them.

I've also upped the bid just slightly, if I had re-bids available. But, not knowing all the specifics, generally upping the bid by half, or a little over, gets the job done. I've also come back the next day, if it was a case of no free re-bids, and added to the bid from the previous day and won.

We are staying in the Howard Johnson plaza downtown in October. This hotel just finished renovations. It offers transportation from airport to hotel, from hotel to pier and in a two mile area. The two mile area includes the port, Ybor city, Channelside....and other downtown area attractions...We got it for $109 per room for up to 4 people in room, plus tax.

Hope this helps...

Linda

Archived