Why do NCL Roll Calls seem less busy then other Lines?

Lisa&Neb

Why are NCL roll calls not used  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Why are NCL roll calls not used

• NCL cruisers don't want to meet
    • NCL is not CC friendly
    • Freestyle cruising is not condusive to Roll calls
    • We always use the Roll call and use it offen!!

I think there are a lot of people -- CC members included! -- that simply don't know about the roll calls. I'm always sure to keep an eye out on the main boards for people who mention that they're on the same cruise, then invite them to join the roll call. We had probably 15-20 more people join in the few weeks before our last sailing because of personal invitations made by me and other members of the roll call. :) I think it's a good idea that so many people have posted links to their rolls calls in their signatures.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't respond to the poll because it didn't contain any response I thought was most accurate as to why more people don't join NCL rolls calls: (1) Roll calls are not publicized as heavily for NCL as they are for RCCL and Celebrity; and, (2) Lots of CC members don't know that the roll calls exist, and/or what they're for.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't respond to the poll because it didn't contain any response I thought was most accurate as to why more people don't join NCL rolls calls: (1) Roll calls are not publicized as heavily for NCL as they are for RCCL and Celebrity; and, (2) Lots of CC members don't know that the roll calls exist, and/or what they're for.

Perhaps if the moderators putup a FAQ Sticky for Roll Calls we could help resolve the valid issues you present.

To set up a get-together, e-mail shipcoordinatorxxxx@ncl.com, replacing xxxx with your ship name (e.g., Gem). When I did it on the Gem I e-mailed about 6 weeks out with a projected number, then again about a week out with a final number. The ship was very good to us, providing not only space (Le Bistro) but also coffee, tea and pastries, as well as a visit from a number of the ship's officers (Captain, Hotel Director, Food & Beverage Director, Group Coordinator and Cruise Director).

Thanks. That's helpful. I totaled 38 people (including kids) avialable on my Roll Call but not so much activity on post since their original posts. I'll see if it get's more active to the point where I can have the coordinator involved. If not , we'll do an impromtu one. thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
We are booked on our first NCL cruise (a year away), but have had no activity on our roll call, which is very disappointing.

We cruise May 3rd..and there is still very little activity. I agree with the other poster, that RCCL roll calls are very active. Wish it was the case here too. :(

We cruise May 3rd..and there is still very little activity. I agree with the other poster, that RCCL roll calls are very active. Wish it was the case here too. :(

again it depends on the week and the itinerary. We had a huge meet and greet on our Princess cruise in January. In fact many of us got together the night before sailing for dinner and others for drinks later on that night. On our Sept NCL cruise we had about 40 attend our informal "meet and Greet" plus lots at the official one the following morning. On the other hand we had one when we cruised the Sun a couple of years ago: only about 8 or 9 showed up, same on HAL. Our biggest was the jewel, transatlantic. I think the length of the cruise and the demographics play a major role. Longer cruises will usually have a better turn out. If the ship is filled with too many seniors, probably not as seniors (many anyway) don't use their computers for the same reasons some of us do (btw, as most of you know, I certainly am a senior) I don't think really young cruisers care about getting to know everyone the first day and large groups, traveling together often have ready made companions so are not as likely to take part.

Nita

Archived