Suggestions/Is this doable

pmoments

We are coming in on a Friday about 1pm thought we would drop of luggage and head to the Hertiage Center then dinner at the Glacier House. Sat. pick up rental care hit Anchorage flea market and then drive to Talkeetna for the night. Questions:

1. Best way to get to the Hertiage Center is there a shuttle to get there? I have the NL book 2 for 1 coupon for the center?

2. We plan to hit Walmart in Wasilla for grocey, any recommendations stops along the way to Talkeetna?

Thanks

Yes it's doable. There are downtown shuttles to the Alaska Heritage Center. On a Friday, plan on a late dinner, and a wait at the Glacier Brewhouse. I believe they take reservations?? Have their number handy to call.

Anchorage/Talkeetna, IF there are other things you wish to do downtown Anchorage, you can easily drive to the Heritage Center the next morning. Eagle River Nature Center, Eklutna Spirit Houses, Musk Ox farm, Wasilla Sled Dog Headquarters, Hatcher Pass are all "on the way".

We are coming in on a Friday about 1pm thought we would drop of luggage and head to the Hertiage Center then dinner at the Glacier House. Sat. pick up rental care hit Anchorage flea market and then drive to Talkeetna for the night. Questions:

1. Best way to get to the Hertiage Center is there a shuttle to get there? I have the NL book 2 for 1 coupon for the center?

2. We plan to hit Walmart in Wasilla for grocey, any recommendations stops along the way to Talkeetna?

Thanks

I believe there is a free shuttle that will pick you up at the Ulu Factory. Do a search. The rental car place isn't far from the Flea Market - not sure where you are staying.

FYI - I called a week in advance and made reservations for the Glacier Brewhouse. Boy was I glad we did as the wait list was over an hour wait. Try the Halibut Bites as an appetizer - I wish I had ordered extra for dinner. Also - the dishes are huge. My son and hubby both ordered the same pasta dish - they could have easily shared the dish and still have extra. My other son got ribs - which were good. For the life of me I can't remember I had but it was delicious.

Also a good place to eat is Moose Tooth Pizza. My family still talks about how it is the best pizza we have ever had. Hubby loved the blonde ale.

Thanks, I think we may check out downtown Anchor and hit the center on the way out of town. We are staying at the Extened Stay on 8th Ave. we are using Enterprise. I will get the Glacier House number and try made a reservation. We will have to try the Moose Tooth on our return trip to Anchorage to drop off the car. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Also a good place to eat is Moose Tooth Pizza. My family still talks about how it is the best pizza we have ever had. Hubby loved the blonde ale.

I wanted to eat at The Moose's Tooth our last night in Anchorage, but the wait was long, and we had an early morning shuttle to the airport the next day. Maybe I'll try again this summer. :)

Yes the Glacier Brewhouse takes reservations and I strongly recommend them and even with them sometimes you have to wait.

Moose's Tooth doesn't take reservations and there too most of the time there is a wait. So go with it planned in mind or try lunch time on a weekend, or a later lunch during the week.

The Alaska Native Heritage Center does have a shuttle and it runs from various areas in downtown. They haven't put up this year's schedule yet but I've talked to them in regards to this issue because we're hosting a conference and that's my Sunday event and they are planning to run it this summer too.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I wanted to eat at The Moose's Tooth our last night in Anchorage, but the wait was long, and we had an early morning shuttle to the airport the next day. Maybe I'll try again this summer. :)

The line was long when we got there also but we got lucky. There was a couple walking to the parking lot and they saw us walking towards the resturant. They asked if we were going in and we said us (there was 4 of us). The lady hands me her beeper and says they decided to leave. They had reserved a table for 6 under "Smith" or something like that. So I thank them and go inside to tell them 2 in the party will not be coming and whola a table for 4 just happen to open up. Lucky us.

The pizza is really good and I can't wait to have it again some day.

Archived