Customer Service

Hi all,

I wonder what has happened to "customer service" on the cruise lines (especially RCCL). I understand the need for the fuel supplement increase but I don't understand the fact that they are not tring to compensate the early advance bookers in any way - they are just hitting us with the additional charge. I have sent several emails and phone calls regarding this matter with even a simple solution of giving the people who booked their cruise before November 16, 2007 an onboard cruise credit for 1/2the amount of the increase (if the increase is $50 extra for the couple, give them $25 in onboard cruise credits) - does this really cost that much out of their pocket, it would possible supply a couple with about 4 drinks or something like that.

I feel this is the minimum they should do considering that they did not give us advance bookers any warning or option to pay off the cruise before the fuel supplement went into effect. I feel that "Customer Service" has been LOST and they do not care about us customers AT ALL.

Thanks for listening!

We travel with P&O.Booked for 2008 as soon as bookings opened.A few months later P&O reduced the brochure fare by nearly £400 but wrote a nice letter to me saying this new fare applied to us to.Also as ''early bookers'' we are exempt from fuel supplements.No complaints!</p>

We travel with P&O.Booked for 2008 as soon as bookings opened.A few months later P&O reduced the brochure fare by nearly £400 but wrote a nice letter to me saying this new fare applied to us to.Also as ''early bookers'' we are exempt from fuel supplements.No complaints!</p>

Jazzbabe,

I have to ask, what is P&O?

With RCCL as early bookers, they did not extend this exception to us. One day (NOvember 16th) they popped a message up on their website about the fuel supplement increase and basically said anyone who has a cruise booked (and not paid off) or any new bookers have to pay the increase - they did not contact the advanced bookers (like us) to give us the opportunity to pay the cruise off before they put the increase in effect. I would have gladly paid my cruise(s) off (we actually have two this year with them that they have basically screwed us on with the additional charge) if given the notice but they did nothing - no email, no mailing - how hard would that have been?!? Something like that would have keep better customer service than what they did.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Every service that uses gas (or some petroleum product) is charging a fuel surcharge--my TRASH service is charging me for the additional cost of service. Why would a ship be any different?

Archived