Cruise prizes ?

susiesan

So if one participates in trivia or any other competitive activities what sort of prizes can be won? I always like to win a T-shirt from playing trivia on every cruise I take. I have quite an extensive collection. But luggage tags, coffee mugs, etc. will do. Even a cheesy key chain is better than nothing!

Susie

So if one participates in trivia or any other competitive activities what sort of prizes can be won? I always like to win a T-shirt from playing trivia on every cruise I take. I have quite an extensive collection. But luggage tags, coffee mugs, etc. will do. Even a cheesy key chain is better than nothing!

Susie

Just back from Journey and won nice luggage tags for trivia and 'name that tune'. I saw some other prizes as well for some contests. Nothing earth shaking, but as you said... better than nothing.

When on the Quest in Nov 07, we not only won luggage tags, but also two reading lights (the kind you attach to the page of a book). That's oneupmanship for you! All this for playing quiz trivia. We're looking forward to going on the Quest this coming June. Who knows what may be in store!

Rita

We just returned from the Jan. 5-19 Quest. We also love trivia and were a little disappointed to learn that only the winners of actual "trivia" games win prizes. Sometimes Name That Tune was considered trivia and we'd win a prize, but sometimes not. Regular games like Scattergories, Catchphrase, Tribond, etc. did not get the winner a prize.

The prizes were very nice--luggage tags, book lights (which clip to the book) and on sea days only they gave out beautiful pleather notebooks which opened to reveal a pad of paper and a place for storing papers and a pen. One of the best gifts I've seen on a cruise.

We've won so many prizes over the years that we shouldn't have been disappointed not to get anything for a "win", but still it's fun to get something even if it's just a keychain. :)

Why doesn't Celebrity give prizes for Battle of the Sexes trivia?

I will admit that on the last day, there seemed to be more people sitting in the area, but Celebrity could check to see if you've been to all rounds and give prizes to the winners who were there for each round.

We won.......but NADA!

On our 11/29/07, Journey, cruise we won the book lights, luggage tags and coffee cups. The book lights were the most common prize and while interesting they weren't the most functional but still a unique prize. We gave a couple of those away. For Battle of the Sexes we recieved a printed certificate that was actually quite cute and signed by Carrissa, one of the CD Staff. BTW: She has green eyes if the that question comes up. ;)

Take care,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Quest. We participated in trivia two and three times a day and won multiples of all the prizes. So many that we gave most back. We won luggage tags, notepads, pens, and reading lights. Even the cruise director John joked about the cheap $1.98 AZ prizes. We were on display as part of the "Not So Newlywed Game" which helped entertain others. We didn't win, but we didn't even get a drink for being part of the show. Battle of the Sexes got vicious-the girls won!

I suggested that they have a system like Oceania where you get a chip with a number then use them at the end to buy better prizes like t-shirts, caps, etc. I kept asking about trading in all of my cheap prizes for a t-shirt but they said they didn't have any.

But we had a lot of fun, which was the most important.

Archived